Lake Badin 3-20

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jerry9497, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I went to Badin this morning, put in at old whitney. rode to garr creek and cast netted about 8 shad. not many but I was happy, first time I caught bait after hours trying to throw that net. rode up river. got several bites but caught only 1 -7lb striper. When I woke up to go fishing, my daughter was sick (throwing up) took a shower and my other daughter got sick. when walking out the door to go fishing my wife called from work(she works midnight shift) she was on the way home from work she was also sick. I grab my stuff and ran out the door. you guessed it! about 5 miles from Badin I got sick. but had already made the 1 1/2 drive there so fished anyway. done alright until the sun got warm then I had to go. boy that sucked. several boats up there today. alot in the cove before straight to dam. were they pre fishing?

2. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    they were probably crappie fishing this time of year there will be alot of crappie guys in that area.

eddie

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    oh yeah, it's striper time. I seen 'em on Sat. and you caught one so now it's on at Badin! i love catchin' them stripers up river. sounds like you had a good day even if you were sick. Thanks for the report and those were crappie guys up there. They usually fish in there on the left headed up to the dam. Keep at it and you'll get a big one!

4. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    here he is. my first (boated) badin fish. at least it aint a crappy crappie or something tiny. you right chris it's on now. I'm not big on stippers but he was fun to land. I was setting up a couple lines to fish for crappie but my tummy jumped like it had an alien in it so we left.

Attached Files:

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey, them things and flatheads are the strongest pound for ound fish there are. A 15 lb. striper will give you a run for your money. Nice 'un!