Lake Badin 12/16/06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Live Baiter, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went to badin today. It was real slow this morning. Seen some big blues today on the surface roling. Did not put a fish in the boat untill about 3:00 PM. Got 5 stripers. Biggest one was 8lbs. Missed about 5 fish. Going monday, maby I will do a little better when thay are running water. Anybody got any ideas on how to catch thoes big blues on the surface? Eric

2. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't know buddy but I'd bet a free line with live bait might be the ticket.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    im thinking shotgun with 00 buckshot would do better if your a good shot. it worked on that movie second hand lions.:wink: on serious note i havent talked to anyone thats has been able to catch them when they get in that mode.

4. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    How deep is the water where they are rolling? Are you drifting?

5. kcforejc

kcforejc New Member

State:
    NC
    Went to Tillery today and caught a few small cats; it was a slow and foggy morning. Sounds like it was the same at Badin.

6. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Tomahawk told me long ago that those big blues are really hard to catch when they're rolling on the surface like that. He catches more blues at Badin than anybody that I know of so I think your time would be better spent trying for other fish.