Lake Badin 1/28

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jerry9497, Jan 28, 2008.

1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I went to Badin this morning. bait was easy again in garr creek, fished 3 different spots, I caught a 4lb largmouth, and several bullheads. bite wasnt as good as it has been. net was frozen, my rags were hard as a rock, everything would freeze instantly. I had to hang net in water and let thaw but wasnt that bad of a morning very little wind. water temp 43 degrees. I fished in the current(very little current) fished out of current and then drifted past old whitney. maybe tomahawk had better luck

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I was fishing Tillery this morning. Caught about 8 channels and one 30lb blue. And yes, it was pretty nice this morning, compared to what it has been. Found that frozen shad does work for blues in the winter.

3. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    sounded like a good day of fishing

4. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Tomahawk,

Long time since I checked out this site. Glad to see you are still catching some fish!

FHF

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Well Micheal someone has too. I've been the only one this year thats caught anything half way decent. Say over 45lbs. The fish have been scattered out. And the bait on Tillery has really been a pain this year.