Lake Badin 1/26

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jerry9497, Jan 26, 2008.

1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    Gearhead and I went to Badin this morning. bait was easy, slight steady wind all morning. Bite was a little slow but Gearhead did put me on I decent fish. at 21.7 it is my new PB. Dont laugh. I took me a million pieces of bait to reach this fish but I hope it is a signal that big fish are in the future. As you can plainly see from background we fished near old whitney:wink:. water was 42 degrees I think, not that many people out.

Attached Files:

• DS1.jpg
      DS1.jpg
      File size:
      28.5 KB
      Views:
  2. BUCK

BUCK Guest

thank for the report iam going to badin monday frist time out these year . wheres the bait at ?

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    bait has been easy in Garr Creek, I dont even look at fishfinder, I throw net on areas I see that shad are hitting top of water. sea gulls were heavy this morning in there. I have been saving up on shad because bait eludes me half the year...lol.

4. BUCK

BUCK Guest

thanks for the info. gald yall had the good day. That was a nice fish. looking forward in meeting yall someday

5. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice fish glad you guys had good day

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Nice fish man, don't be ashamed, I've only caught 1 blue bigger than that! I'd take 20lbers all day long.

7. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Congrats Jerry. Nice fish!
    Bigwhiskers

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Jerry, congrat's on you PB, nice clean looking blue. Gearhead, thanks for putting Jerry on his fish. You are a true brother. Mac

9. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Jerry's all geared up and ready. He has some nice equipment to catfish with. It was a pleasure fishing with him on his boat .It was a little cold but we did manage to catch some small fish and one good blue.The wind was wrong for some of our better spots. All in all it was a good day on the water for us .I enjoyed the trip with Jerry. We'll do it again some day im sure.:wink: