Lake Ashbaugh In Arkansas.

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Eddie Mullins, May 23, 2009.

1. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Any info on Ashbaugh? I know its a shallow lake, I have taken the kids over to crappie fish before, but don't know anything about the cat fishing.

2. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    Good catfishing there if you are looking for eating size channel catfish. There is a lot of trot-lining going on right now. I've done real good with dip baits, night crawlers, and cut bluegill. The deep water is located near the levees and some good fishing can be found there, but later in the days and nights the catfish can be caught in the shallow water near the south shoreline.

I hope this helps, also look at the black river, its just a few miles from lake ashbaugh.

3. NE_Arki

NE_Arki New Member

State:
    Arkansas

Man

4. NE_Arki

NE_Arki New Member

State:
    Arkansas

Man that black river aint 50yrds from ashbaugh its just north of the northern levee when the water gets low in the summer you can forget about putting in behind the lake though, not enough water to make it to the main river.

5. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Thanks for the replies. I may hit both this weekend.

I know the access you are talking about there close to the lake, I don't think there would be much concern with low water right now though :smile2: , when is this rain gonna stop?

6. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I went to Ashbaugh over the weekend and did a little RR tight lining. Caught a couple small channels on chicken liver, missed a few others. This was the first time I broke out a reel for cats in years - I don't know why I waited so long.

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    The brother to the guy I work for fishes there quite often and says there are some 30 pounder plus in there if you can get em to bite. Never fished there myself but now that we've got the 16 foot vee bottom all rigged up we'll be hitting it as soon as we can get out of the hay fields.

8. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Good Mornin BOC

Well, that is where I am heading today, will let you know what happens.

cliff

9. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Just got in from Ashbaugh. Not a bite... unless there's fish on my 2 missing jugs. I couldn't locate two of them when I started rounding them up to leave, Was just gonna wait til dark because they have reflective tape and I could have found them easier, but it started lightning and I didn't want to get stuck out there and left them. It was pretty windy so they were drfting, with all those sumps out there its easy for them to get beind something and hard to navigate. Might have been my last trip to Asbaugh, at least for a while.

10. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Eddie

I know what you are talking about, it is next to impossible to get out in the lake, it is Stump City !!!!!! not to bad around the edge, for about 20ft, I dont think you can cross the lake ((LOL)) it is only like 4ft deep out in the middle, the place is full of fish tho.
    I had something break a 20lb test leader, never did see what it was got around a stump, I bet every fish over there has a hook in its mouth ((LOL)) it is like fishing a log jam !!!!

11. Sq. Dog

Sq. Dog New Member

State:
    Ravenden Arkansas
    I am still wating to here from you on our fishing trip.

12. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Jerry - I'm glad to see you're still reading the board. I'm afraid theres not much to report. Sent ya a PM.