Lake Arthur lake Report - Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tbartek, May 31, 2006.

1. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Does anyone know how the catfishing is going at lake arthur?

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hi Tim - The fishing report in today's local newspaper said that guy's were catching Channel Cat's up to 28" on Lake Arthur.

3. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Thanks Scott. I am beginning to think that no one actually fishes that lake. LOL I'm trying to figure out a good spot to take my father that has easy access because he's not in the best of health.

4. gmhudak

gmhudak New Member

State:
    Enon Valley, PA
    there is a "pier" on lake arthur right off of 422 by the bridge that spans the lake. There is a boat launch near there too and restrooms, too. It's a nice paved path and pier if he's in a wheel chair or has a walker and there is handicap parking a lot closer than for the able bodied. I have caught cats there, channels anyway. Caught bass and gills and carp too. It's been a while but I caught a couple 'eyes too there. It can get kinda weedy by there but the lake bottom there has a lot of rocks that you can snag up on too. At night i use those lighted bobber with minnies about 6 foot deep. I've stayed out there all night with no problems from anyone. Good Luck out there.

5. gmhudak

gmhudak New Member

State:
    Enon Valley, PA
    I'm not sure where you are coming from but if you have a bait shop by you, I'd take bait with you. I'm pretty sure there arent any bait shops around except O'donnells anymore. I know of only one in the New Castle area and he is not open very much. If I buy minnows, another place close to new castle/ lake arthur is shooters place, but its all the way down by rochester, PA, still quite a haul, at least for me. If I wasnt too busy fishing I'd open one up, oh well, better to be in the fish than in the money.

6. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good information.

7. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Thanks Geoff, my dad walks with a cane and is pretty wobbly so I have to find a place that's not too far or steep. I'm gonna try to get him up there as soon as school is out for the year.

8. gmhudak

gmhudak New Member

State:
    Enon Valley, PA
    no problem glad to help! before you go email me and i can get you more specific directions at which exit and exact locations of turns and such, that place and its roads can be confusing in the dark.

9. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am not sure if Geoff is talking about the spot that I am going to tell you because I can not remeber a fishing pier. but at the 528 boat launch there is all kind of room to fish. Once you pull in the parking lot you will see a road to the left. If you go down that road about a hundred yards there will be anothere little road to the right that you can go down and park your vehicle right next to the water. that is were I go with my dad becuase he can not travel to far. You are about 10 yards from your vehicle and it is mostly flat so there should not be a problem. I live in Pittsburgh so there is probably only one deviation. I take Route 79 North to the Butler New Castle Exit. I then make the right at the stop sign which is 422 I think. Ypu will go over the lake so you know you are on the right path. I then take the 528 Prospect exit. At the stop sign I make a left. As soon as you make that left there will be I think a tracker supply store on the left or some store that sells farm equip.You just keep traveling on that road, you will go through a neigbothood. Then you will come to another bridge that goes over the lake and take a righ, right after the bridge and you will be at the 528 boat launch. There are bathrooms and everything so there should not be any problems. So if you are coming from the north and taking South 79 the a few of those turns at the beginning might be lefts insted of rights.

10. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    back channel, I do know the spot you're talking about. I took a ride up there in early March and found that spot. I think it's probably where I'll head. I heard that was not a bad spot to try for some channel cats. Thanks for the reply.

11. gmhudak

gmhudak New Member

State:
    Enon Valley, PA
    i was thinking about another spot that is right by bear run campground. I rented a canoe one time in high school, wow about 14 years ago, that you can back your truck right up against the bank of the lake. No hills, nice and open. pass bear run campground on your right, follow the road all the way to the lake, no turns. It was gravel then, might be paved now, i havent been there in a while. good luck, Geoff

12. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Muddy Creek off the dam at Lake Arthur is really good fishing right now. We have been landing some nice size channels cats off of cut bait. Its a little snaggy but the fish are worth it>

13. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Ryan, welcome to the BOC:0a25: and thanks for the info. Where is muddy creek from the 528 boat launch? That's really the only part of the lake that I'm familiar with.

14. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    catfishing is going very well at lake arthur i just caught a 22 inch 7lb channel outta there the other night!

15. tbartek

State:
    New Germany, PA
    tomcat welcome to the BOC :0a25: Thanks for the info!

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    tomcat85 - Welcome to the B.O.C.!:0a25:

17. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    You can park at the McDaniels boat launch and walk down to the dam and follow Muddy Creek from there. I'm not sure where the 528 bridge is but the boat launch is on the first boat launch on the north shore.

18. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    thanks for the welcoming guys! hope everyone has good catfishing!