Lake Arrowhead,Texas

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kacal, Oct 31, 2006.

1. kacal

kacal New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    The son and i went out saturday afternoon and just hit spot after spot we put out 5gal. of sour wheat and no bit's so went around a bend to a point and in 15' to 2' of water we fished son fished the front and i fished the back he was throwing into 15 'of water and i 4' to 2' i hooked 3 nice 4 lb'ersand the around 5:00 pm somethin jerk my pool all most in the water it did this twice before i grab it and the i seet the hook it took off running for deeper water but did not make it we fought it for 10 mins and then in the boat .. i was useing a 11'pole with 25lb line off a zebco 888 and ROGER'S chezze punch bait did have live goldfish and perchnothing biting on them here is the BlueCat we got in the boat it was 30lb's and did not get a measurement on it ........

Attached Files:

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    nice fish. just where is lake arrowhead? me n the wife like tryin new camping spots where the fishin is promising. i catfish mostly from the bank, but wouldnt mind tearin up some crappie if theres some there.

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the blue kacal.nice one.thx for posting.

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Daniel,

Lake Arrowhead is outside Wichita Falls Texas, if my memory serves me correctly..

5. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Your memory is correct Bud !!

About 20 miles east of Wichita Falls. They got a fairly nice state park there, with 9 lane boat ramp, and fishing pier. Just remember...NO TREES!!

6. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Welcome to the BOC
    Nice catch its good to here that a fellow BOC brother is taking the youth out to educate them about the Best sport ever.
    What did you say you caught that one on? /B]

7. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Howdy Bud Howdy Wally
    Marc

8. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    anyone happen to have or can get some pictures of the park for me? ive done image search in google, but nothin that i need. Its gunna be a long drive for me and i kinda would like to be able to see the bank access tent sites, fishin pier, etc. i walk with a cane so i have ta be kinda picky about fishin spots due to accessibility and such.

9. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Daniel, the state park really does not have any tent sites on the water. But they are close. I stayed up there this past summer for a month. The pier is really accesible with a parking lot right at the entrance of the pier, there is a nice cleaning station close by. There are trees...... Mesquite trees plenty of shade. The white perch ( crappie) were caught every night off of the pier, some really nice one's too...... I caught crappie and sand bass just using lure's casting off of the bank.....I stayed in a trailer that I pulled up from Shreve'sburg La. I was working at the AFB. The park is super nice.... Great facilities and there everywhere......There's wild Turkey's deer Prarie dog's and tarantula's (BIG ONE"S) I was glad I had the trailer When I saw the first one. Every site has a covered picnic table and barbeque pit as well as a place to build a campfire, fire wood can be purchased as the entrance.. If ya go enjoy yourself the park is great and the people that work there are as friendly and helpful as they come and the park is only 8 miles from the city and all of it's goodie's......

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Kacal - Congrats on the nice Bluecat! Thanks for posting the photo!