Lake Arlington?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by buddylee_ak, Jul 10, 2007.

1. buddylee_ak

buddylee_ak New Member

State:
    United States
    Hello all. I have recently relocated to Arlington TX and would like info on the lake. Has anyone had any experience on it? Shore and boating tips would be great. I have only fished it once, last weekend with no success. I did manage a turtle though. :angry:

2. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Channels can be good on the north end of the power plant discharge, where the warm and cool water meet.

3. buddylee_ak

buddylee_ak New Member

State:
    United States
    Im not quite sure how to get to the power plant discharge area. I am boatless for the time being. Is there an access? I can see it from the boat ramp on Arkansas. \\

We went this weekend and had no success. 1 and a 1/2 lbs and a fingerling. Also a soft shelled turtle. this thing was a trip. it was about 16inch diameter. when i cut the line he booked it straight at me. Whoever said turtles were slow is a fool this dang thing had to be runing 15-20 mph only reason i am quiker is lateral movement. When he ran he seemed to be lifted about 6inch off the ground. I know he wasnt trying to "get" me, just trying to escape but it definately startled me and was almost embarassing. \

on a different note, my 6yr old daughter got a small treble hook in the leg. The barb was inside the skin so I had to push it through. and cut the barb off. i have done this on several occasions to myself and friends, but to have your little girl screaming and looking at you like that was the hardest thing i ever had to do. She was as good as could be expected. I told her what i had to do and she asked if it was gonna hurt and i told he yes honey but not for long. after several 1,2,3 no wait daddys (think letal weapon)we finaly got it out and she was real happy with me once it was cleaned up and bandaged. She is a trooper and was back to fishing within an hour, but no more "terrible " hooks for her, only singles.lol

4. psg2628

psg2628 New Member

State:
    Austin, Texas
    I don't know about the lake, but great job keeping the little girl happy and fishing. It would have been a shame for her to get turned off of fishing because of that.

5. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    MIKE- TELL YOUR LITTLE TROOPER WE R ALL PROUD OF HER FOR BEING SO TOUGH AN BRAVE:wink:AND WELCOME TO THE BOC.

6. buddylee_ak

buddylee_ak New Member

State:
    United States
    Thanks guys, I will definately pass on your suport. I took her fishing again last night. She is definately not turned off to fishing. She loves it and has had tremendous luck so far. over the weekend she was tearing up the perch, blue gil and pumpkin seeds. She says she is the best fisherman in the family and my fishing buddy. This kinda irks my 8yr old boy though.

7. los7883

los7883 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey there! I go all the time to arlington, check out this page:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/arlington/access.phtml

I fish mostly the Richard Sampson Park and the Bowman Springs Launch. I would not recommend going to Eugene McCray Park as its a really bad neighborhood. I too have to fish from the bank. if you go to google maps and type in lake arlington texas you will be able to see what i'm talking about a little better, but at the Richard Simpson Park there are two floating docks, the one on the left right now is proly 10-15 deep, the one on the right which goes further out is about 20ft deep...I have had luck on both of them but I fish more on the left one as there is no rail and its wider than the other, but if you're trying to go deep, then fish the right one. I went up there this past weekend and the left dock was taped off with caution tape, not sure if it separated from the bank but you couldn't get on that one. The right one is still open but it tends to get kinda crowded. You can park at the yatch club right by the boat ramp, but there are only like 7 spots there, if not you have to park behind the bathrooms in that huge parking lot. In the same area there is a peninsula that you can fish off of too, its secluded and a bit of a walk from the parking lot but if you wanna get away from everyone you can...down the lake is the bowman springs launch facility, when you pull in you'll see a rock "pier" that goes out about 50 feet, its ok fishing there, never had much luck off of it, there is a small floating dock there too, good fishing off that dock if you cast off the right side not straight out, but towards the buoy, caught a lot of cats and carp there...heck caught a cat off of a breadball the day before yesterday. then in that same area, if you keep on the sidewalk and walk a ways away from the dock you can cast out anywhere there and get good nibbles too..very clean places but the mosquitos are something else, just make sure you got your spray with you. I'll attach some pics for you, nice to see i'm not the only one from arlington! Best of luck to you!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/los7883/Images/RSP.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/los7883/Images/BWS.jpg

8. Catfish_Hunt

Catfish_Hunt New Member

State:
    Texas
    There have been some old posts on here but I found Los 7883's post to be the most informational and helpful on places to try out. Going to take the wife and kids out one day this weekend and try one or two of them to see how they are doing since the last posts. I will post an update Sunday night on how we did. Has anyone been fishing Arlington Lake lately? Wondering if the catfish or crappie have been hitting lately or not.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I thought Arlington was a cemetery where they put li'l flags up in honor of deserving service people?

Are the dogwoods blooming in TX now? Do y'all even HAVE dogwood trees?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. Catfish_Hunt

Catfish_Hunt New Member

State:
    Texas
    That Arlington is in Virginia NOT Texas. :) And no, I haven't seen any dogwoods blooming yet.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

There prob'ly.....I mean, they are....or they're not wantin' to do anythin' stupid....and they MUST listen, because there are SO many profound fishermen on this site......well, I meant prolific. Say, have you ever seen or did you know OWD?