Lake Arcadia in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Okccatman, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Well I am heading to Arcadia today to do some fishing with Donnie Dunn. I will post a report after I get the catch into the freezer. Sort of perfect timing since I am out of fish.
    David Frantz

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Boy was that wind strong. :0a10:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I guess we don't get to see any pics, then, huh? LOL :D
    Some days are just like that, ya know? That's why we have tomorrow's, I think.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Also know what you mean. Got tired of catching nothing so started throwing a purple worm. Caught 4 bass. I know, bass are not catfish, but 4 bass are better than 0 catfish any day, in my books.

5. DONNIE

DONNIE New Member

State:
    Luther, oklahoma
    Is Anyone Going To Fish The Arcadia Tournament Feb 18?

6. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Catfishing has been fair to good along the channel heading to the damn. I could only get hits on fresh shad. They wouldnt even touch the stuff that had been in my fridge for a week.
    Gizzard Shad are being caught off the crappie dock on plain gold hooks and jigs. I didn't believe it at first but sure enough those shad were hitting plain hooks and jigs. Caught 2 nice sized shad which I used to catch 3 channel cats about 3-4 lbs a piece. Was there for about 4 hours. No boat this time.

7. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    After work today I fished Arcadia. Caught two blue about 5-7 lbs a piece and 2 channels slightly smaller. This was in a time span of about 45 minutes. I was fishing the west end opposite the dam. Going out tomarrow too. Ill post some picks of my catch as soon as I get this film developed.

8. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Oh man!!! :crying: Here I am at home laying out lateral lines and you are out catching 'em! What park did you fish from? or did you put the boat in?

9. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    The wood rows near the mouth of the deep fork. Ive been canoeing there from 122nd so I can save 12 bucks. I caught six yesterday.

10. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I bet that is a haul to get the canoe out! It is kinda steep there if I remember correctly.
    I've got a friend who's house backs up to the corp land which the river runs through. I've fished back there a few times. Did catch one channel about 3 lbs or so. That is ideal for a canoe back in there, too. I bet a good one will pull you around a bit. :grin-big:

11. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Channels and blues still biting good near the mouth. Wrecked my boat during the 30 mile an hour winds on thursday. I got lifted up real high on a wave and came down on a stump or something right in the center of my boat. I had to drive around crooked the rest of the day. Its fixable though. If you guys go out there watch out for the logs and rip rap in the water.