Lake Altus, commonly known as Lugert Lake - Oklahoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Catfishmomma, May 22, 2006.

1. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Well, heading over there next Sunday and will be there all week. Would love to know how the fishing is doing. Going to be at the cabins. Would love information where to catch the catfish, walleye, crappie.

Thanks!

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Don't know about the catfish at Altus-Luggert, but I do know they have BIG rattlesnakes. Watch your step.

3. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    Yes I know, also water mossasins. I use to live in Altus, born and bred there. Thanks bunches!!!!!

4. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    25 May 2006

Wichita Falls Record News

Altus-Lugert: Elevation 13' below normal and murkey. North shore boat ramp is HIGH AND DRY. Crappie are being caugh with minnows. White b&^s abd hybird stripers fair to good. Walleye fair to good. Catfish caught on shad.

Sorry to say it dont sound great but it's not terrible.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Identical report, verbatim, as the Daily Oklahoman. Maybe you can just walk out there and pick out the fish you want. LOL

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Identical report to the Wildlife Departments site:

Altus-Lugert: May 22. Elevation 13 ft. below normal and murky. North shore boat ramp is high and dry. Crappie are being caught using minnows. White bass and hybrid striped bass fair to good. Walleye fair to good. Catfish being caught using shad. Report compiled by Quartz Mountain Grocery.

7. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I wonder where they gor their info Tony ???:embarrassed_2:

Just trying to help

8. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    :0a31: Guys, I want to thank you so much for the information you have supplied me. At least I'll be able to catch something there. Guess I should take a ruler so I won't get a ticket if the game warden comes around. Could you tell me how long a walleye is suppose to be? Dum me forgot. I don't need to get a ticket.:haha:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    best have at least 1/2 a yardstick. LOL You can have 5 walleye, sauger or saugeye - combined, all 18 inch minimum.

10. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was there last year.I had to go to O.S.R. We had Some big blood bath's go on down there,So I said affter we go in and Kick as- Im a going fishing and I got my first Walleye.I had the only stick proof Vest that smelled like HOG WILD.Dam the luck:embarassed:

11. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yea, been up to the lake a few times over the past few weeks, the fishing is great. my buddy and I caught like 106 crappie in a few hours on the left side of the lodge and on the north side of big hicks mtn. The catfishing is also very good right off the bank with crappie eggs. Caught 18 last tuesday in an hour and a half. none less than 5 pounds.

12. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas
    well we came back this Saturday and only caught one catfish. So the fishing wasn't great for me, but did have a wonderful time back hom at Lugert. Sure did feel good to be back home. The lake may be low, but beautiful.