Lake Alan Henry

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by wcgordy, Dec 3, 2008.

1. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Any body fishing at Alan Henry? Been thinking about taking a break from the Christmas season and trying my luck.

2. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas

3. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the tip. I noticed the rod holder on the pickup behind you. How did you make and attach it to your truck.

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I used 1 1/2 PVC with "T's" down it... glued some short pipe into the T's to give enough for the rods to sit down into. I bought this truck, used, last year and there were two metal brackets sticking out of the grill. I'm assuming that they were either mounts for fog lights or support for a grill guard. I drilled a hole into the outside T's and bolted the whole thing to the brackets. It works great. My wife says it's a little too redneck....

I've attached a better picture of it

5. wcgordy

wcgordy New Member

State:
    Texas
    I am going to have to figure out how to redneck up my truck then. Thanks for the info.

6. mmccalli

mmccalli New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hadn't tried my luck since the end of november. Was pretty good though. I am thinking about trying to catch some blues before bass tournaments start. I hear they are catchable during winter. Anyone want to give me some basics on trying to catch blues in the winter? I don't normally pursue them so Im not real familiar with that species.