Lak irvine Sep 5th

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Novaxs, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Novaxs

Novaxs New Member

State:
    Oceanside Ca.
    Anyone heading to lake irvine on the 5th for the catfish derby?

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Looks like no one from here is heading that way. I will be there. I have to brush up on the big event October the 10th. Should do well I hope. A few of my bros should be in the house too. Going to try to get in the money again. :roll_eyes:

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    BDB the key is positivity. Going in there believeing you will make the cut is the foremost thing. I am not traveling with a bunch of boats but there will be a few of us out there. I like my space. :big_smile: They gonna have to find there own spots.:smile2: But will definitely be out there. Mainly just to do some Q and A time with my son. That how I like to fish and do the group thing with the tournaments or gatherings I have throughout the year. Not really looking at the stockers, I want the 40 plus pounders. There has been a drought of almost 2 years of 40 pluses coming out and somebody has to break it. I may try for a few hrs the eaters just to bring a few home to fam that likes to grub on them, but as soon as evening comes and thru the night its off to titan and logg hunt. Only two months left before night fishing ends.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck Blue and BDB. Hope you guys represent BOC! I know yall can find them big blues. I got a feeling on this one:wink:

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sure will Robb. As a matter of fact we will be representing all of catfishing this way and not just BOC and our own groups. We are all in this together.

6. John Deere

John Deere New Member

State:
    california
    howdy everyone just need a little info. i see on alot of post from this bdb and bluehunter making underlying remarks about this or that dude what is going on. i've meet people from both clubs but there is one thing i dont see is that other group saying anything on the internet.

what is this i don't understand? where has someone said something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPf4gCbpf0&feature=channel_page

dude then i find this.... if you go to the bluehunter1100 youtube page you see the 7th video that has d.e.a.d blues from irvine.

also the 9th video there's a guy riding around town with a fishhead hangging from the back of his car....glad it was not bambi

I see this dude catfish johnson get's big fish from some lake in s.d. and there's a video of him where he c.p.r'ed that fish.

also this knottgillty guy cpr's alot of his fish from up north..

last but not lease how do we really know who did what....
    please help me understand am ??yrs young and i smell some b.u.l.l. chit

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Look here Johnny, you're trying to pay too much attention to trivial personality conflicts that will go on anytime you get a diverse group of people together even when they share a common interest.
    Just keep track of who is fishing and where and what type of success or lack there of they are having.
    The who said what about who is really only the concern of those directly involved. It really has no place on the open forum.

8. John Deere

John Deere New Member

State:
    california
    Thanks mr. Tom i've just been seeing it all over and would like to know if anyone else seen it. but thanks maybe i should look at it in that state.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nicely said Tom:wink: Reps:big_smile:

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    We really try to leave garbage off of the net as people like to see people get along for the most part. But if you would like a conversation we can talk by phone at 310-256-0332. I dont eat catfish for the most part. I have done some vids of cats from the vine that is about 2-3 year old photos. Some older than that like 8 years ago. Last year I caught no blues from there at all. The vid with katoholic and I those were released he released his as well. All the big ones I caught were released. This year they started a new system of wanting 10 pounders to go back or over so I honor that this season. Blues and channels are not my table fare. Now a flathead - thats another story. Now if you are trying to say I killed a giant blue you are wrong. Never have never will as 20 pounders and up went back in. Too hard to clean and too old of meat and fat.

But we for the most part don't like trash and it gets deleted on the regular threads for the most part. There is a high intensity section here that I participate in mainly its political talk, but for those who like to argue, thats the spot for sure. The flathead guy was not me, it was another individual. Thought it was crazy and funny riding around like that.

I will be at Irvine this Sat we can chat. Or you can feel free to call me I am always available, just don't block your number I dont answer those. :big_smile: Or maybe not invite me on that ocean trip far out on that big boat of yours, may try to stone me out there. LOL.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Vine is open till 2am on Fridays and Sat. 11pm on Thurs I believe so its enough fishing to be had thats for sure.

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I personally know and have fished with knotguillty and i know first hand he is no joke. He CPR's all his fish and I respect him for that. He says he caught this or that, I believe him. I CPR my lil cats this weekend they were 15-18' . Didnt even take a picture i think. I know Blue is a fishing machine. His reputation speaks for its self. Some good fishermen on here brother. Plumertom is an excellent fishermen. I learned a lot from him:wink: Ray (Gilmafam) is another.

You learn a lot on here and If i never greeted you, Welcome to the BOC:wink:

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Agree. Tom and I had our differences especially on the political talk forum but one thing I do is not let it interfere on the regular threads or about fishing. As well As Ray too. I met both guys before and I would fish with them any time- even if they are right wingers. LOl. But they are still cool with me no matter what. I agree with some of their political views as well. Everybody is not going to allways agree. That is what makes the world so special. It would be boring if everyone had the same philosophy and same ideas.

B

14. John Deere

John Deere New Member

State:
    california
    great anwers guy not trying to start anything just getting info. thanks daystar for the welcome. not saying knottgillty did not or catfish j did or didn't put there fish back. but if you really look in to the video posted above that that this or that was said it is unfounded. but i do see alot of underlying tones coming from 1 and only 1 party.

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Damm, Screwed up the thread.

Is anybody else going out to Irvine this weekend? :smile2: May have a brew for ya.

16. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome to the BOC Johnny.... You've got some room for the opinions and controversial stuff in the "High Intensity" area at the bottom of the main catfish1 page....

I look at many words and thoughts that are said by many areas of boc... as a photograper I see many things in photographs....

bout time to change your avatar to something other than "loosers" in the background.... We are all winners here... Show us some of your fish or what your mugg looks like....

Bayrunner Ray

17. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    johnny, i don't like the high intensity forum, but sounds like that is where you need to take this. you've made 12 post's now? and already correcting people that's been around for yrs? call him. he gave you his phone number and it's the real deal. i call him every so often on that number.
    i disagree with some things brian says, but don't believe he ever lies or says a thing that isn't true. may think of ways of doing different, but chill out guy. you're sounding like you're attacking him.
    gary

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    This is not the first time Gary. There was a post a few months back in which he disregarded my April event and talked about going to the scca event on another board. Which I was all cool with. Also I believe he tried to dig into deep wether or not I was a worker at terminal Island - which I truly was. After I asked him about a lieutenant he did not respond. I know he was bsing me with how good I supposively was and about going out on his boat. That kinda scared me right there but all is good I don't know what is up with him but I am always around been here for years and not going anywhere unless I fall victim to the cut backs at the district then its off to Atlanta. Almost had to do that this June but I was saved by senority but who knows how long that will last?

19. John Deere

John Deere New Member

State:
    california
    thanks for the info. mr.tofish glad to hear something that makes some kind of scents. as for my avatar i had one up of 1 of many cars and i like this 1 but if you would like to see me and a fish i can do that too. it will be something from the salt as i don't have anything big like your cats.

20. Novaxs

Novaxs New Member

State:
    Oceanside Ca.
    LOL i posted about this like 3 days ago and no one responded then bam! 4 pages in 1 day.

ANYWAYS, i don't care what forums you are part of, i am part of a bunch of fishing forums. Just cause you are on another forum don't mean squat to me. I use forums to increase my knowledge by talking to others with that knowledge, then hopefully i can teach that knowledge to someone else.... you get me?

I don't care where you come from or what color you are, or who you like to forum troll with. I just want to fish with some good people. I greatly look forward to meeting you Brian, and Mr. BDB himself (your post structure hurts my brain! lol), along with many others from here, and other boards.

SOOOO long story short. I LOVE fishing, and i really really like catfishing. Anyone that likes fishing and is not a douche is cool with me imo!

I also plan on hunting for the big ones Brian. I am not looking for stockers, i want to qualify so bigger is better. Hope to see you there!