Lafayette area

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by LafayetteRiverRunner, Jun 11, 2007.

1. LafayetteRiverRunner

LafayetteRiverRunner New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hi , I am new to this and live in lafayette. I have a boat and would like to fish and learn the area. I have gone several times now and all I manage are drum and tiny catfish. I have tried all diffrent kinds of bait but not much luck .I would be very thankful for any help or suggestions at all. I will post a pic if someone will tell me how

2. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    hey there my fellow hoosier! i live down by covington if u wanna meet up there in laffy or down here in covington jus give me a yell

3. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    Kurt Are you fishing above or below Lafayette? Both are good. My best bait has been cut shad. Are you fishing at night?

Kevin I was raised behind Hangingrock Church Camp, between 63 and 263. It's been a long time since I been to State Line City.

4. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    RiverRunner- It seems that cut shad and live bream work the best around here. I usually fish along the Wabash in West Lafayette and have caught most of my fish on one of the two. I have been told that there is a hole near Davis Ferry Bridge that produces well-though I have not fished it, I have spoken to some that say they have. There are several good bends in the river running through Tippecanoe County that ought to have carved out some good holes. Don't forget that the junction of the Tippecanoe River and the 'Bash would be a good spot as well

I don't know if you are familiar with the Tippecanoe County GIS website, but the county adopted it in lieu of a platt book a couple of years ago. It is a great resource for scouting out possible fishing spots and hunting grounds in the county. If you zoom in close enough it will come up with an arial photograph that you can superimpose elevation lines on as well as other things. Here is the link:
    http://gis.tippecanoe.in.gov/public/

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions. I'm sure one of us can be of some help.

5. LafayetteRiverRunner

LafayetteRiverRunner New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That is a great site thanks. That hole at davis ferry is pretty good at time I have caught some stergon there.