Lafayette area catfishing info

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by hntng187, Mar 31, 2008.

1. hntng187

hntng187 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    any one from the lafayette area know where i can take my wife and kids to catch some cats

2. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Haha, well I fish the Vermilion here...not sure if you'll want to get some out of there, but it holds some nice fish! (although I don't eat any of them!) Check out my reports on Vermilion River Catfishing in the Louisiana Rivers talk. Do you have a boat? I would probably say to experiment around Intracoastal or Henderson.:big_smile:

3. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Oh yeah! That picture in my avatar was caught in the Vermilion! :wink: Post around and you'll be able to see pictures soon enough, welcome to the BOC, you're going to learn a LOT!!

4. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    WELCOME,SEVERAL GOOD AREAS FOR FAMILIES.NUMEROUS LAKES,BAYOUS,&RIVERS TO FISH WITH OR WITHOUT A BOAT.AS STU SAID VERMILLION,HENDERSON,ALSO LAKE MARTIN,SPANISH LAKE,EVEN SEEN A 13LB CAT COME OUT OF BEAVERS PARK POND.:eek:oooh:

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Not too long ago they had a picture in the Accent of the newspaper of a 70lb. alligator gar out of that pond!!:crazy:

6. Kajun77

Kajun77 New Member

State:
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    If you want to fish from the bank Spanish lake on 182 between New Iberia & Broussard is a good place there is a road around the lake so there is pleanty of room to fish.

If you have a boat we have been doing good on jug lines in Lake Dauterive around the Marshfield landing area in Louriville.