LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A CONVERT

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by oh_darn, Mar 18, 2008.

1. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    I was just talking to a man about fishing in general, and he told me about keeping his fish, yet wishing his kids could catch them too. So I introduced him to the CPR method, and he promised to not only practice it, but spread the word. Sorry, I just wanted to spread the good word.... LOL.

2. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is probably a really dumb question, but what is the CPR method?

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Catch, Photograph, and Release. The BOC and most organizations associated with us advocate this practice. However, IMO this is for catfish over 10 lbs generally (would be 15 for me); if you NEED fish for you or your family to EAT, nobody around here will have a problem with it. We just like to see the big boys and girls go back to prolificate. (DANG, is that a word? Means stay alive and have babies. :smile2:)

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    C.P.R.We need more of it !

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I love it Tanya. :smile2: Prolificate. The word of the day. :smile2::wink:

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thats some good stuff right there, :eek:oooh: prolificating is a very important step in keeping the species healthy and they cant prolificate if you dont CPR them. Yup i have to agree prolificate should be the word of the day, kinda of a fun word to say!!!:smile2: We luv ya Sis!!!!!!!!

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm wanting to go snag some of them "prolificating" spoonbills, but I cant find noone to go. :angry:

8. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    call my teachers and convonce them that i don't need to take tests today and I will be there in 2 hours.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

:smile2: You guys are crackin' me up! It IS an actual word, though my "common man" definition up there is a bit broad I guess.

prolificate - to make prolific; to fertilize; to impregnate

Soooo, the females of the catfish species definitely have somethin' to do with being prolific (producing many young or much fruit)......although not as much with the second two parts of that definition :wink:.

Never heard of asexual reproduction or parthenogenisis in catfish, I think it does happen in some fish species however :big_smile:.

10. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    thats good man...:wink:

11. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
  12. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for answering my question... I never keep anything that my family isn't going to eat and we never eat anything over about 5 or 6 pounds. I strongly support catch and release also!

13. CANCATCHCATS

CANCATCHCATS New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    i am totally inpressed and honnered to be associated with a group that can use words like that.
    thanks
    cancatchcats or sometime can'tcatch cats

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea we all could use a lil CPR while fishing