LaCygne Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dlbenthusen, Apr 27, 2008.

1. dlbenthusen

dlbenthusen New Member

State:
    Louisburg, Kansas
    Any luck at the hot water outlet? When do the flatheads start spawning in the hot water? It's a bit of a drive and the last 2 times I been out there this year catfishing I haven't caught any cats.

also I haven't realy learned a lot on when to go cat fishing. I just always fish for them and hope to catch a few. But I have'nt ever caught anything to big. My biggist blue 19lb, flathead 4lb, channel 9lb. When is the best time to go. I know at dusk to dawn. But like before a storm? before or after a low front or high front? Cold front, warm front. ext.

I want to plan some river and lake catfishing trips that I don't get to do as much as small lakes and bonds. But every time I get to go I have no luck.

I do fish from shore, No boat:( So any help? Please

My goal this year a cat over 30lb just 1

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Don I'am not sure on a lake with hot water discharge when the cats would spawn.

But I would guess it's already over but again I really dont know.

Why dont you come to Milford On June 6-7-8th and fish with a bunch of guys that can show you and give you some tips on how to catch that cat over 30lbs.

Good luck on your quest of a 30 pounder this year..

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would think that your best bet would be at a spill way when it is letting out a good flow of water. I would use a large lively bait fish of some sort (carp or bull head or blue gill) and fish in the evening for a flathead. Good luck!

4. dlbenthusen

dlbenthusen New Member

State:
    Louisburg, Kansas
    I know the flatheads come to the hotwater outlet here soon. I just can't remember when they spawn. Thay go nuts in there when thay spawn. my dad was out on the water and seen a guy checking his trout lines 20 - 40 lb. So he went out and got a few 10's 1 or 2 20's and a 35lb was his biggist. But he don't realy catfish and that was 3 years ago or so and he know's it was in the spring but not sure when.

When do thay normaly spawn in lakes? I know thay spawn alittle early in this one. Month maybe

The spillway does have some big cats in it. Don't know were to park to get to it. About a mile to the nearist road. can't stop at the dame the powerplant security run's you off pretty quick. If you do stop you can see the cats down there some times when there not letting alot of water out and it gets clear. No paths no signs of anyone fishing it :(

5. catman2424

catman2424 New Member

State:
    kansas
    trow out some 3 to six inch goldfish and the flatties will come on in at the outlet good luck