LaCygne Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dlbenthusen, Jan 4, 2008.

1. dlbenthusen

dlbenthusen New Member

State:
    Louisburg, Kansas
    Heard the catfish been bitting at the hotwater outlet. going to give it a try today. only taking beef liver.
    What bait should I be using? Let you know how it goes.

2. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    You posted 5 days ago. What happened??

3. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    anybody fish la cynge this weekend ??????

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Went to La Cygne yesterday for a few hours hoping to catch some blue cats. After the fog lifted the weather was perfect, but the blues weren't cooperating. Ended up with a couple of hybrids in the 5-7lb range, and one channel cat about 1 1/2lbs. There were a ton of boats on the water, and lots of people catching smaller fish. Our hybrids were the biggest fish we saw anybody catch.

Got to try out my new Phil King Driftmaster rod, and it's my new favorite. With 80lb power pro line spooled on it, you could feel every time the bottom composition changed. Sweet rod!

5. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Just wondering if anyone had been down to fish yet at the hot water discharge. We will be headed out on Saturday. What kind of bait have you been using? We are going to take some shad, goldfish etc...

Chris

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Live bait on the bottom , or 3" sassy shad jigs, will catch cats and hybrids. If your going Saturday , you better get there REAL early , or you wont get a spot. If your on a boat, youll have a better chance of getting a good spot, but if your on the bank, Id be there about 4 am. :big_smile:

7. hybridchaser

hybridchaser New Member

State:
    kansas
    Cathunter - I am planning a trip 3rd week in march - mostly for the hybrids, but plan to transistion to blue or channels as required - I will have live bait - either shad or creek chubs & a pontton boat - a thursday and friday deal

- any thoughts on employment of live bait when going for the blues ? I was thinking about the edge between the outflow flat and the channel (roughly due west of the outflow)

thoughts ? I have never been there - just studing the map and listening to what veteran fisherman are saying

tx, hybrid chaser

8. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sorry Kevin , my experiences down there have been bank fishing for channels and flats at the hot water outlet. Ive also caught some nice wipers and white bass at the outlet. Ive never really fished other parts of the lake for blues. If I was trying it for the first time , I would drift the deeper parts of the river channel , keeping my bait a few feet off the bottom. Im sure someone else will chime in that has more experience with that lake than I do. :big_smile:

9. hybridchaser

hybridchaser New Member

State:
    kansas
    Cathunter - no problem - that is still good info and advice, Thanks, r/ KLJ

10. bigbearfireman

bigbearfireman New Member

State:
    Lawrence,ks
    Glad to see you found this site also hybirdchaser. There are alot of good people on here. We all have personal knowledge of the areas around us. The love of the sport of catfishing runs through the blood of us all on here. Welcome aboard!!!