lacrosse river

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by knockdownducks, Jun 30, 2009.

1. knockdownducks

knockdownducks New Member

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    went behind the house with the wife tonight didnt get but 2 bites had one on for a sec it was misting and the cold front is messin with em maybe tomorrow will be better

2. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    where the LaCrosse river dumps into the Mississippi is where I caught my big flathead.

also, they just put in some boat landings for the LaCrosse river. My friend noticed them building the landings and asked the DNR some questions about it and he told her they were putting them in to get more people fishing in the river, he also said that its packed full of big catfish. take it for what its worth.

3. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    i fish it in bangor / rockland / neshonic area when i cant go to far like after work,
    i was working at trempelo school today and i seen there is a nice stretch on the way there with a landing might give that a try saterday.

4. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    It should be easy to find the spot where Bloodwe1ser pulled out that big flathead. There is probably a divot in the water over where he pulled the fish out. A fish that size had to leave a dent in the surface. You know that another big fish is going to move in there. They always take the best spots when they are vacated by their predicessor. Just motor around the area until you hit a pothole and toss in your anchor.

I'm going in to see the hand surgeon today. If he gives my mit a clean bill of health I hope to go fishing this weekend. There is a spot I would like to try on the Chippewa. Unfortunately, I have fishing spots so secret the fish don't even know about them.:eek:oooh:

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman

5. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    it seems to be a good area. the black river dumps into the mississippi just a little ways upstream and there is a hole there also.

does lake Neshonoc have any cats in it? I've camped there my whole life and only fished it a few times, never really caught anything. I can't wait to start musky fishing in there.

6. knockdownducks

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    i get about one cat a night up the lacrosse before neshonic, but its been slow lately i think its spawning time . i went to that boat landing in trempalo or however its spelled after work today had a couple good bites but no hookups little ones i think not sure where im going tonight maybe the bridge maybe big water still up in the air probably really windy at dresbach well we will see