LaCrosse area rivers casual discussion

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by BL00DWE1SER, Aug 25, 2009.

1. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    How has every bodies fishing been lately? Its picked up a little bit for my fishing partner and I.

this was our first year pretending to be catfisherman and we've learned a bit and I'm sure we'll learn some more before the season is over. I honestly don't know if I would have stuck with it if I hadn't caught a 40 pounder the first time we went out, we pretty much got skunked the first few times we went out after that.

I'm hoping to catch another big one before the season is over. Friday night I lost a couple that fought harder than any I have caught or lost in the past. I thought they were going to melt my reel. the first one must have shaken the hook loose and the second snapped my line. so mr giant catfish I'm coming for you.

thats all for now

2. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    This is my first year back fishing cats since the mid '60s. I didn't realize how much fun I was missing. I had a chance to fish with Wiscofisher, Knockdownducks, and BARathke a few weeks back and am looking forward to coming back down your way soon. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this time and we can ALL get together.

Keep after that big one. The third time is bound to be the charm.

3. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    I did catch a 22 lb flathead and a couple of 10 lb to hold me over.

4. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Well, at least you didn't have to go through withdrawl.

5. BARathke

BARathke New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    About time for a new Thread in Wisconsin River Talk. :smile2:

That's awesome that we are all fairly new to catfishing and joined the BOC around the same time. I look forward to meeting up at least one more time this season.

I was skunked the last time I went out. Had a good one (maybe two ... can't remember:eek:oooh:) on, but lost them right away. Wisco pulled out a few small ones.

6. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    The long range forcast looks good for the weekend. If my outboard is out of the shop by then I want to give those LaCrosse cats another try.

7. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    stupid weather. I hope that rain hits early Friday and stops around 6. I don't get to go out fishing very much as it is and when I can't go because its raining makes me not a very happy camper.

8. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Good news! I got my boat out of the shop today. Is anybody planning to go fishing tomorrow evening? My wife is working this weekend so I have no adult supervision.

9. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    How did you boys do so far this weekend?

10. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    Friday night we caught a 30lb and 20lb and 4or5 between 5 and 15 lb. I caught some nice sized bluegills also, I felt bad using them for bait they probably would have made a good supper.

11. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Well? How was the weekend, guys?

I didn't get out fishing this weekend. I went to my 40th class reunion instead. Sure was depressing sitting around with all those old folks. Even worse, none of them were catfishermen.

I noticed that several of my old girlfriends have kind of gone to seed.

12. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I spent the last couple of days in LaCrescent doing some pro-bono babysitting for my grandkids. I had hoped to try to get together with you guys for a couple of adult beverages but couldn't get away.

13. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I got an email from Knockdownducks yesterday. His boss has been running 'duck's a$$ off all over 3 states. He said to tell everybody "Hi".

Duck season starts Saturday so we may not see a whole lot of himfor awhile. I'm sure he has his boat camouflaged by now.

14. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I'm seeing it in Iowa now too. Lots talk about ducks. Not too much fishing going on. Getting dark early and it makes it hard to want to go out. I still want to see the fish fatten up for winter. I've really never seen a frenzy.

15. BL00DWE1SER

BL00DWE1SER New Member

State:
    WISCONSIN
    went out Friday for the last time this year, caught some 10 pounders. seemed like we were catching the same 2 fish over and over but whatever. the frost on the boat was a good way to end the season. you probably won't see me around here much until closer to spring so catch everyone on the flipside.

Nate

16. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I hauled my gear down to the basement last week. I'm ready to shift into duck hunting mode. How are they flying down there? I'm seeing a few geese around here but no ducks.

17. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Comeing up to Glidden next week to grouse hunt. It will be my 1st trip to Wisconsin but the fellow that invited me it will be his 3rd year in a row. He has told me that the waterfowl #'s are high up there this time of year and I would like to get some waterfowl hunting in as well. We will be freelance hunting so any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

18. knockdownducks

knockdownducks New Member

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    hey guy s im still kickin moved back into lacrosse and, doing great. now i put everything away for the winter been doing some painting if anyones interested tell me what you think http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76900&id=595426614 cant wait for next year and this time no rain at the get together lol take care guys and have a safe winter i will be spending mine up in eau claire working on the new hospital