Lack of member avatars

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by punkin570, May 11, 2007.

1. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I was amblin through the board today just lookin at all the new and old faces on here and came to the conclusion that there are sooo many who do not have an avatar picture up. This one item is part of what makes this site so comfy and home like outside of the personalities, its being able to put a face with the personalities. I personally like to see who I am talkin to, as I am sure others do too. It isnt that hard to do and there are several on here that are willing and able to help you get one up, including me. If this is a problem for you to do, just pm someone and it wont be no time til you will have a mug shot or smilin face on here. There are alot of other reasons why you should want to put one up also, such as being able to get into the drawings and other contests. I would like to urge...no not quite, more like challenge each and every one of you who are avatarless to rise to the challenge and put one up soon. It isnt just for others benefits, its for yours as well. So come on, just get in there and do it, whats stoppin ya?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    If anyone needs help shoot me a PM, I would be more then glad to help.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes its easy to add and makes it nice. To be able to put a face with a name.
    Pete

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    When i first joined, this is what i got for not having a avatar. A minus 2 point infraction and a big red infraction note on my post. Don't know if every one could see it, but it was there in a big bold red box. I just thought at the time it was because i was from Missouri. lol

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    shoot...my old avatar was plum hard to look at so i added my wife to make it a sight easier on the eyes....lol

6. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I will add one as soon as possible, Hopefully I will have some poses with a big ol' kitty by Monday.

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
  8. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I not only have an avitar, I change it when ever I get a new photo that I like better. I really like the one that AZFLATS posted on the AZ-CA gathering thread and would use it for a while if knew how to move it into my photo file so I could trim it a little.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    punkin darlin an avator is not always a good thing.sence i put mine up i keep getting pm from good looking women and my wife is getting jelous.i spend more time here than with her.lol

10. lilrivercatman

lilrivercatman New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had one up but my parents made me take it down.:wink:

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    David, are you SURE it wasn't because you are from misery..er ah.. Missouri:big_smile:

'scuse the typo there:lol:

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    smart move, Chris:wink:

:lol:

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Leslie,
    Stop Pming him. Tanya and I have had this discussion with you about this. :lol:
    I know poisonpits, good company is hard to resist. :big_smile:

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    and Johnnie, do all these women say the same thing? let me guess....."stop PMing me you old goat!":lol:

15. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Post office loan ya one..???:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, maybe yours needs a little more tending.

16. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    dearest johnnie...maybe those good lookin women are likin those big fish you are catchin....tell your wife, its not you they are after, its your fishin secrets and maybe she wont get so jelous. if you keep up fishin like you have been, gettin grounded from the lake wont be the only thing she does to ya. id be careful with that one.

i understand where you are comin from with your parents approval and that is fine if you are being told not to. im not gonna push you on that one, afterall you are underage, i have young ones myself (14&16) and i would expect others to respect my decisions as a parent on that behalf. do what you hafta do outta respect to them and dont worry so much about it. i am mainly talkin to the ones who are of age and can speak for themselves on this matter. its good to have you here with us as a member reguardless of havin an avatar or not.

17. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    amy i cant help it, it is very hard to resist the urge to ask questions bout all those big fish. i will try harder not to in the future.

18. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've heard this before. "I'll put one up as soon as I catch a big fish." Wanna say, it's not about the fish. It's about putting a face with the name, and being able to become more aquainted with each other. I had a big fish in my avatar for the past week, but as you can see, it's gone now. Wanted to drive it around the block once. Fish pictures are great, but it's more about getting to know one another. Avatars are fun!! Use them!!:big_smile:

19. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It's like I posted after viewing the thread about the Arkansas gathering... what use is the avatar when the people don't look anything like the picture they have posted. They are no good unless updated frequently...especially us old people who change appearence so darn fast. sigh

20. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Leslie
    Well now you have to pay the price, having to look at me in my avatar, and it should look like me because it is only about an hour old. I was waiting for that big guy, but now for sure I will get him and have to have my son help again with a new and better picture. Thanks for your nice post that got me off my duff finally. Luck