Lac Des Allemands

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by catfish10101, Feb 3, 2008.

1. catfish10101

catfish10101 New Member

State:
    Des Allemands,
    Anyone here fishing Lac Des Allemands? I live close to it so that is where I fish most of the time. It is full of eatin sized catfish and has monsters for those who chose to pursue them. Not like river fishing though. One has to learn where to look for the big ones, but trust me, they are there, my grandfather caught one a couple years ago that went 92 pounds.

2. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana

I don't think I have since I don't know where it is.Can I get you to give me some details and location?:big_smile:

3. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome to BOC/SOC by the way..Make yourself at home.:wink:

4. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Welcome to the BOC. Your gonna like it here, good information, good people and good laughs.

don3778

5. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Welcome Blake, I read an article in the La Game and Fish where fish biologist said that Lac Des Allemands is the most underrated lake in the country. They were saying it is as good as San-tee Cooper! They the while targeting blue's it's pretty common for 30 to 60lbers! This can be read in the Game and Fish La. under specific species= catfish. If God let's me I will make trip or two down that way!:wink:

6. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    10101-
    I've seen the LA Wildlife and Fisheries comments about Lac Des Allemands. It goes as far as to say that it's blessed with what should be one of the best catfisheries in the country. The article got me excited and I went down there just after getting a boat. What I remember is lots of trotlines and water. Because of so much water, I believe one does need to know where to go to catch fish. I obviously didn't but would sure make another trip with better odds. I think we caught a few rays (both sun and the ones that swim) and maybe a couple of little cats. I also remember seeing quite a few gators which was pretty cool. Let us know how you do down there.