Labrobeagle

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by opposum, Jul 31, 2009.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I recently bought a beagle pup for rabbit hunting. I wanted to have a dog I could take fishing with me. Something like CCSO640. Well anyway, I took him crappie fishing. The dog was doing fine and jumped on the front deck. He then started looking over the side of the boat. I told him several times "no". I then turned around and splash. The little guy went completely under. When he surfaced he started swimming like he was that Phelps guy.:0a20: He swam about 15 yards away from the boat. I started yelling at him and he came right back. I don't think he liked it all that much so I'm hoping he wont just dive in next time. That or I might just take up duck hunting. :smile2:

2. MOCatdaddy

MOCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah duck hunting may be a sport hed love LOL.

3. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Sounds like my luck with dogs,lmao

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Just train him to dive and get those fish for ya, and your set! I had a lab swim entirely around a 5 acre pond chasing me in the boat once. Had to give up fishin cause he wouldn't quit, and I wasn't bout to join him in the water.

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thats awesome! I'll have to get Angel back down there so she can get your pup trained up on fishing! Here's a few pictures after a long day of fishing, only time I have ever seen Angel tired but she never wants to quit, some of you have seen her in action before. Yes, she does watch the poles to see if there's a fish on :big_smile:. Pretty funny pictures, poor dog, she's so mistreated. Chris

Attached Files:

6. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    More funny pictures of Angel. This was in my old boat when I had a friend out fishing with me sitting in Angels seat, she used to get pretty fired up about it. He got up to do something and she got her seat back but got kicked out when he was done. I was sitting in the back of the boat fishing and not paying attention to her, I looked up and busted out laughing when I realized she had been sitting in the net on the front of the boat staring at me all pissed off. Got the camera out and snapped a few pictures, the look on her face says it all. Chris

Attached Files:

7. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Looks like a pretty cool dog ya got there Chris. I've got a couple of English Bulldogs I'd like to take fishing with me, but niether one of them can swim!!:crazy:

8. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I took the pup fishing again today. I guess the swim last week was enough to teach him a lesson. He stayed in the boat the entire time today. Angel might have her paws full training him. He could care less when I catch a crappie. :smile2:

9. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    David I have 2 beagles and they both did the dive when they were pups just to see what the water is, now they just look at me and the water when they want to cool off:smile2:

10. Mrs. Andy52

Mrs. Andy52 New Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    It sounds like you have a great pup...and he's a quick learner too...lol. And be glad that he ignores the fish. We could never take our dog fishin' cause he always chewed on them :crazy: :smile2:.
    And Chris, you have one fine Angel there....thx for the pics...they are great !!!