Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Aug 28, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just wondering what everone is planning to do on the last big summer holiday. Guess we'll most likely head down to the river camp at Elsberry. Go out on Brother-in-laws boat and hopefully catch some KITTYS. Probably do a little BBQing ,and kick back and just relax. Hope anyway.

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    well, i would go fishing but seeing as its the opening weekend for dove season im gonna be doin a little shootin with my new shotgun, i cant wait to shoot it! and ill be doin a lot too cuz we always have a ton of doves around

3. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    May go to White River and do a little Trout fishin

4. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    all i got to say is '' family reunion with the wifes family'' it's so much fun i tell ya

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Gonna try for some cats Friday night and hit a bass spot or two Saturday morning with my oldest son. more than likely the rest of the weekend will be spent with the rest of the family hanging out by the pool with some BBQ and beer... Please everybody drive safe, boat safe and be safe.

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Been invited to set up display of our organization at our Labor Day Event held in town. Was also invited to speak concerning the mayor of the community who recently passed away. He was an avid fisherman and a really good guy.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    YEAH RIGHT I know how much fun it is :roll_eyes: .Do it every July.

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jim,

When your setting up your display, get a BOC Hat on :embarassed:

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I'll be attending a little get together and then hopefully its off to the fishing hole. Be Safe and Have Fun

10. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I'll be getting ready for the "midwest muddy" gathering, and hopefully go out and do a little fishing. Also can you say "HONEY DO" list, finish up some long over do projects.

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I will be workin on Saturday and Sunday. I'm fortunate. Off on Monday and Tuesday. I will be no where near the water on Monday but Tuesday is a different story. Its a time of the year that I look forward to. All the yahoos take thier boats and jet skis home and put them away for the long winters nap! LOL!

Then the fishin begins! LOL!

12. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go to fishing camp at Elsberry.....Check
    Go out in brother in laws boat.....Check
    Catch some catfish....Check

I sounds like MRR and I have the same schedule. If you mean Elsberry MO I have been fishing near there all summer and would love to hear any insight you may have as to the area.

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    If Ernesto blows out, I'll probably just get wet. If it gets stronger, I'm heading for higher ground.

Hey Bubba, got a spare room?

14. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I ain't been fishing in a couple of weeks have been purty busy, so I am taking this weekend and fishing, fishing, fishing. Also there is the Regatta going on here in Kankakee, IL with some boat races and what nots.

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Toying with having a yard sale if the rain doesn't hit too bad here.
    Need to find someone who can use or wants my useless junk, before I pile it up in the backyard for a huge bonfire.

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've got a family wedding to attend, but sunday or monday I'm going to try to sneak off and do a little fishing and early goose hunting. I know once I get first round off I'm a goner for the rest of hunting season.

17. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That sounds like a good time, MRR! I don't guess that I will be going anywhere special. I will be fishing. Hopefully the tournament will start by then. Good luck and have a good time!!

18. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think on Monday I'm gonna take the misses and our boys out and let the kids do a little fishing. Hopefully they'll pull in some monster blue gill!

19. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    smoke ribs and brisket maybe some chicken, spend time with my oldest son on the river bank.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, my Birthday is Saturday, and I had a lot of great stuff scheduled but the Tropical Storm is supposed to be coming on the weekend.:angry: