Labidie Fishing...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by STC T&F, Nov 9, 2005.

1. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    Got hooked on Catfishing this summer. My Brother-in-law and I started jugging in July and had a great time. I am going into withdraw a bit though. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried fishing the hot water discharge at the poer plant in the dead cold of winter? i would think that it would be a strong place to fish slightly down river but was curious if anyone had any experience with it?

MJO

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    STC, I have fished that power plant several times, february thru recently, fact of the matter is, I haven't caught a fish there. I know the fish are there, I just have not been able to snag one. I also haven't tried shad in the dead of winter yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this winter. I've got some shad stocked up in the freezer this year and hopefully that will make the difference.

3. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    River rat..where the hell is all the water?? I went out a week or so ago and bottomed my trailer out at Washington..is the other ramp any better? Have you guys been catching anything? I used up my last bag of shad and half a bag of shrimp and could not catch a thing...

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    hey dave same way up here by lexington ,i have been fishing the river for almost 30 years when dad and i use to go out on it ,i am seeing things that are out of the water that i never seen before,the only good thing i guess is you can see the structure to fish when the water is back up

5. sfleischli

sfleischli New Member

State:
    Labadie, Missou
    Hey guys.....got lost there for a while when the site changed.....back now.

I live in Labadie and wish there was a ramp in Labadie, save me from driving all the way to Definace area. Usually i put in at Washington or New Haven. I have had fairly good luck around the power plant, but NOTHING in the discharge.....but it sure seems inviting.

The water sure is LOW!! I haven't been out since it has been so cold, but thinking about it possibly tomorrow....we will have to see.

Has anyone done any drift fishing on the MO for Cats. I always see a few boats here and there drifting, but not sure if they are wetting a line or not. Always wondered if that would produce? Anyone know? What are the best methods?

If I head out this weekend I will let you all know the outcome. PM me if interested in ever partnering up.

- Steve

6. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    One of my buds drift fishes the MO., runs up to Labadie and drifts back to Femme Osage. Says he does better with that than static fishing the wing dams or even trotlining. Been thinking about trying it if the ramps ever get enough water to use again!

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    micus how does he slow his drift down?

8. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Don't think he does. If it was me, I'd probably drag a chain.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Micus, I know what you mean about the low water!! I usually put the boat in over here in Washington... but here recently have been unable to do so! The trailer bottoms out on the ramp!!

The only ramp that I've been able to use is the Weldon Spring Access there off of Hwy 94 in the Busch Wildlife area. I haven't wet a line for a little while as I was trying to fill a couple deer tags... couldn't even accomplish that though!!! :D

I hope to wet a line soon though... starting to get the itch again!!

Happy Holidays everybody, hope everyone has a safe and prosperous New Year with plenty of fish!!