La Cygne

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Chris, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Just wondering how the fishing has been down at the power plant, what kind of bait are you using, what depth of water are the cats found this time of year.

chris

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Don't know, went a few weeks ago and was too windy for my little boat. Fishing reports say some 20-30 lb blues and flats coming out of there. The Kaw is rising after todays rain, think i'm going to hit it this afternoon and evening.

3. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    Larry

Thanks for the report, how often are you over at Hillsdale, i dont live far from there.

4. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Went to La Cygne this morning after 2 days straight of working on my boat (new aerrator, hydrator, livewell switch, impeller, water pump, spark plugs, changed oil in the lower unit, fuel filter, new Humminbird 981c SI installed..ect) get to the lake put the boat in, and it starts but won't go into gear, so I take it back out and figure I must have not have gotten the shift cable lined up right when I put the lower unit back on, so I drive back here to Olathe and fixed that, when leaving the boat ramp I heard the fuel pump on my truck start wineing like its about to go out...but I think I'm going back out tonight to try it (even though luck is clearley not on my side today), not La Cygne but somewhere closer..I'll let yall know how it goes..maybe I'll get out to La Cygne next week.

Kyle

5. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Sorry Chris, didn't see the post. I am there alot, I can have my boat in the water there in 13 min. flat from my house. Mostly fish the Big Bull arm, mostly at night. Maybe we'll get together one night. I have seen 80+ lb flatheads taken on lines, I've been too busy chasing blues in the Kaw to really hunt Hillksdale lately. Usually fall asleep drifting for channels (until I hit a tree). One thing about lakes, I'm out on windy days, my little boat was made for river fishin', we don't like waves.

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Hey Larry and Chris, If you guys wanna go out sometime pm me or something, I'm always lookin for someone to go with around here..I gotta 19' Champion for the lakes and a 16.5' Bass Tracker flatbottom for the river, flatbottom is at the lake of the Ozarks but I plan on bringin it out here in the next week or two, and I got a good bit of frozen shad too.

Kyle