La Cygne Reservoir

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kccatman76, Dec 22, 2006.

1. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    how are all the local ks catfsherman. alright guys i have been killin the flats at lacygne. They start biting as soon as the sun rises but both the stacks have to be on. also the striper and wipers are biting also. So its one heck of a good time kccatman76

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to have ya,hope you like it as much as the rest of us. I will warn ya it's addicting! Start postin and have lots of fun and laughs!:big_smile:

3. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    PK ty for the welcoming catfishin is my favorite thing to do

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Welcome to the Brotherhood There fellow Kansan!!

Where at are you fishing?

The outlet? On a boat? What Kind Of Bait? I like Cut or live Bluegills My self.

Never had much luck at the inlet. Have caught a few at the outlet However With out a boat I am Not in for the walk in the winter.

What's your biggest flat this year from LA Cygne?

5. Charlie365

Charlie365 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It's almost not fair to say the bite is hot, without providing all the juicy details !! I might get to take a day for fishing next week. It looks like Tuesday or WEdnesday will be decent weather, especially for December.

I might consider LaCygne if I knew where to fish.

So, please answer the questions in the post before mine, and hope you continue to slay'em !!!

Have a Merry Christmas, and remember the reason for the season.

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the heads up on la Cygne. let me know when your all going and maybe I can find the time to go with you all.

7. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I used to fish lacyne alot in the winter years ago. I'm thinking about going soon since the lakes are starting to freeze.

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Eric and myself went down there today to try and find some Wiper action.........not happening:sad2:. Caught a few whites, burned some gas and froze our butt's off boating across the lake. Was my first trip to the place, think I'll be back for some weekend trips this summer..........no pleasure boating allowed on the lake:smile2: . Thanks again for letting me tag along Eric.

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Were you fishing the hot water outlet or the main lake?

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Charlie, don't wait till summer. When it gets 100 degrees out, everybody's running their a/c. In July when both stacks are going, the water will be way over 90 degrees. Tried to night fish down there a couple of years ago, and it was like being in a sauna!

11. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Brad, the majority of our fishing was in the outlet. We did make a tour of the lake and located some structure but didn't give it much of an effort..........think part of my anatomy was froze to the seat:confused2: . From what I'm hearing the best fishing is when both stacks are going, we only had one...........guess we'll have to wait till it gets colder to assure both boilers are firing.

Doug, guess I should narrow that down a bit.........early summer fishing:smile2: Water was 63 in the outlet and 43 along the dam, doubt there will be that much temp. drop during the summer but bet it's fishable for a while.

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i'm pretty sure they had both stacks smoking yesterday

13. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thinking of making a trip out to La Cygne in Feb. on Presidents Day weekend, I think the 16th and 17th, depending on how the weather is doing. I have a 3 day weekend, and was thinking of making it out that way.

Anyone else interested?

14. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    They've been blowing both stacks a good percetive of the time lately. If your heading that way, let me know and I'll take a look out my back door. Weather permiting I can See it.
    PM me if I can help.
    :boss: ​

15. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Kansas katter Let me see if I can make it happen. Maybe I can meet you out there.

16. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Jay, Will do! Be great to get a mini get together out there for a day or whatever. I am pretty sure my brother and I will make it, unless of course the wheather is bad, or something comes up. Going to do my best though!

17. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Its Friday 2-2 and at 2 pm Both stacks were all fired up. If all things were level I'd be heading that way right now, But my butt will be in a sling tonight any ways. Picked up another death row dog today. Thats a total of 2 in a month. Oh well.
    :boss: ​

18. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    well just to let u know i have killed the flatty's and the strypers . lacynge is one of my favorite places 2 fish in the winter. also i am goin wensday. Hopefully both stacks r running

19. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    I googled La Cygne Reservoir and cant tell where the outlet is. Could someone point out where the outlet is and where I should park?
    I think I might try fishing there this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

20. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    If you are walking into the hot water outlet you would drive to the lake from the East side on E2400th Rd. There is a parking lot where E2400th Rd deadends with the lake. There is a well worn trail (approx 1/2 mile) to the north where the hot water runs back into the lake.

On your picture the white line that angles to the Northwest along the East side of the lake is where the hot water runs before flowing back into the lake.

If you can pan your picture to the Norh you will see where the white angled line ends and that is where the outlet is that the folks walk into fish.

If you are taking a boat you would go into the lake on the west side and launch at the ramp.