La Cygne Lake tips.

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by KansasFisherBoy, Sep 16, 2009.

1. KansasFisherBoy

KansasFisherBoy New Member

State:
    Kansas!
    Going fishin here for the first time with a group of buddies this weekend!:smile2: Any tips as to where we should go on the lake? And do i need to have a license to drive my dad's old boat around there or will i be good? Its just a dinky little thing with a handle on the motor to stear. We're all lookin forward to this, so help me out as much as you can, thanks a buch guys!:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Welcome to the boc Matt, i don't know La Cyyn, but some one here does.
    lots of good people and info, stick around and you will learn.

3. KansasFisherBoy

State:
    Kansas!
    Well thanks for the warm welcome. When fishin' it's always good and fun to learn something new.

4. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Welcome to the BC Matt.
    The boat need to be registered in a State if it has a motor. There may be other restrictions I don't know about. Its been a long time since I fished La Cygne. Its a good cat fish lake. When the Outlet tube from the power plant is open the catfish go nuts.
    Let us know how you do. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. KansasFisherBoy

State:
    Kansas!
    Hey thanks man!:smile2: I'll keep that in mind! But we're gonna be up there early in the morning to about the afternoon. So hopefully I get my chance to hook a good one while im there. Big or small i'll post pictures when i get back. Thanks!:roll_eyes:

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. and good luck out there.

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Hey Matt, you will need to get the boat registered before taking the boat out if it has a gas motor. I used to take my little bass hound 10.2 out there with a trolling motor, But I would definitely check that out. If getting a boat on the water isn't possible. At La Cygne park there a few feeders and you can gennerally catch a few cats there. Good Luck.
    :0a22:​

8. KansasFisherBoy

State:
    Kansas!
    Hey thanks for the tip!:smile2: Just so happens the boat fell through so that was my next question. Where exactly is La Cygne park then? We're goin bright and early tomorrow morning, so a quick reply as to an address or dirrections or anything would be nice. Thanks alot guys!

9. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Go to www.kdwp.state.ks.us/ under fishing go to region 5 look at where to fish in Ks, and you can find a map and info about Laygne :big_smile: rwg

10. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Hey Matt How did it go at La Cygne? Next time your heading this give a little notice and Maybe we can hook up. Sure glad RWD hooked you up with were to get a map. by the time I got the message it was to late to help you out, sorry. Feel free to PM me any time that way I get it right away, unless I am getting no reception on my phone, but will get it sooner than later.​