La Cygne boat rampsl

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Dec 11, 2007.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Hey Catfish Scotty, there are 2 boat ramps at La Cygne.... one in the Linn county Park.It has a single 50' wide ramp with a courtesy dock.It costs 2$ to launch. There is a bait shop right there although it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays in the Winter.It is on the west side of the lake in the county park. It can be icy this time of the year. Last year I was pulling up to the ramp and there was an old man stuck on the ramp, his truck was about halfway in the water and the boat was still attached to the trailer taking on water. I dropped my boat in the parking lot got a tow chain and pulled him out.I'd be a little jumpy about goin in if I didn't have 4wd. There is another ramp on 399th street on the northwest side on the river leading into the lake.This is an unimproved ramp on a gravel road run by kdwp but it is free. Depending on how big of boat you have and how low the water is you can launch there.right now the water in the Marais des Cygne is 4-5' deep you should be ok.I've got an 18'6" Triton and I've never had any problem.I would avoid this one if the water is more than 2' low. It's about 1 mile east of 69 hwy on 399th street at the river.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    thanks for the info and your time.

3. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Sorry scotty wouldn't let me send a personal message not enough posts yet. Updated fishing report...went to La Cygne discharge Monday, walked in 1/2 mile down canal to waterfall.white bass and hybrids were biting very well.Caught and released 75 whites and 10 wipers 12 small black bass.Good place to go when there's snow and ice left the boat at home. Eric

4. bconger

bconger New Member

State:
    KS
    Great info. I was wondering if you could be so kind as to elaborate on where
    exactly the discharge is, I have never been there. I have looked at the map and not sure I see where it is. Thanks

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    East side of the lake, north of the power plant.