La Benite Ramp Report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Stopped by the ramp at La Benite Park just a little while ago. Looks like it *might* still be usable if you're brave -- the concrete ends right at the water's edge, but it appears to be gravel behind it.

There was one boat trailer in the parking lot, minus the boat, so I guess someone was able to launch. I sure wouldn't try it without a 4x4 though...

DougC and I will be out on the river Sunday, provided the rain stops and doesn't turn into snow...

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    If this darned rain ever stops we'll launch from La Benite later today. I'll let ya know how it goes.

3. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I was at la benite at 4:30 from the water I checked the depth at the end of the ramp it droped off to two feet and there was some big rocks just under the surface off to the down river side, I say the ramp is not usable with out running the risk of the trailer getting hung over the edge.

the ramp at missouri city ends about 20 feet from the waters edge.

The ramp behind fort osage is in good shape, I did have to back the truck about three feet into the water to get the boat deep enough but there is not a dropp off at the end of the ramp to cause any trouble.
    the top of my bunks set higher than normal other wise it would been a normal launch.

I will be out all day tommorow.

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Oh hell don't worry about the rocks at La Benite, My trailer knocked them out of the way.....LOL

It is possible but a little hairy pulling the boat out.