La Benite Park

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dcastle, Jul 6, 2008.

1. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think I'll put in and try my luck at La Benite Park tonight. I noticed an island downstream from the ramp. Has any one had much luck fishing just below it?

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Dale I used to fish that spot a few years back and caught alot of blues and a flathead once in a while. The wife had a couple of bigger fish on in that spot but never got them in. We did not have the equipment to get bigger fish in at that time. I would give it a try. Good luck.

Tom

3. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We found a nice 25 foot hole where the water comes back together just downstream from the island and maybe fifty feet up from a wing dyke. We didn't catch anything but its a good looking spot that I will be trying again real soon.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Now where is this at? What City, and how far from K.C.?

5. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just take I-70 east from downtown Kc to 291 north. (Independence center exit) Stay on 291 right on past 24 highway and watch for the La Benite Park sign on your right just before you get to the bridge crossing the river. The island is about half to three quarters of a mile down river.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Its in the sugar creek area.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I fished the lower end of that island a few times, caught some small ones but nothing to speak of.

Head on downstream toward the power plant at Missouri City. There's some big deep holes on the side opposite. Just never found any fish there....

And there's a really fine wing dyke just above Missouri City with an eddy current below it that makes a great place for dead bodies to swirl. Just ask Fishking... :eek:oooh:

8. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wonder if a man could get any shad on the upstream side of the island where that small creek comes in?

9. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    I'll be sure to show you the video I took that night the next time I see ya.:crazy:
    But, I missed these two by about 10 miles lastnight.
    http://www.kmbc.com/news/16810491/detail.html

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    So what you're saying is Andrew knows the spots to catch lots of turtles:smile2:

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    hey branden bait still alive everthing still on ,will stop by higginsville friday and see if i can get some shad on ice ,Will be at your place around 1 or 2 pm.

12. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    Ive fished there a few times, camped out there once too...Got some nice bites but never much to show for it.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    "On Monday, a man's body was found in Clay County, about four miles east of the Highway 291 bridge."

4 miles downstream from the 291 bridge?? That's gotta be pretty dang close to the eddy current where Andrew found that one last year...

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    :crazy::crazy:Wow Thats hitting close to home:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: That is about where I always go. I have no idea what I would do if I saw a body floating down the river. I think I would be traumatized for a while:crazy: