L. Sangchris "field tiles"?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by zoneread, May 20, 2009.

1. zoneread

zoneread New Member

State:
    IL
    I was browsing the archives yesterday, I came across some posts dealing with field drainage tiles in some of the coves near the duck blind spots. I had no idea of these! Does anyone know much about them? Are they underwater, or do they drain from the bank? If underwater, is there a "scour hole" that I can find w/ my sonar? Do they drain constantly, or only after rains? Do these hold cats year around, or just when it is hot? These could be a terrific cat magnet, I will be looking for them Sat. Any help woul be appreciated. Thanks!

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome Dave, yep there are some there......... But, such information can only be divulged to members with an avatar photo and 100 post........:smile2::smile2: J/K Funny thing is, most lakes at some point have field tiles that still drain into them :wink: but you are correct about holding fish.... Scour hole :wink:

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i only fish around the north end for flats, got a 50 pounder to weeks ago and a couple in the 30 range, its flooded rel bad noe, they werent hitting at all yesterday, not even bluegill or crappie, bad day,after that storm, im shure ill get something this weekend there, im pullung an all nighter

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Im heading out the Sangchris Sat :big_smile: ..