L.E.D or bulb flashlites

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by malaki, Mar 11, 2006.

1. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    so witch is better?

2. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    i love my LED headlamp. very bright and the batteries last forever.

3. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    In my experience the LEDs provide much better light and much longer life from the batteries. I would recommend LED everytime.

4. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    i use a headlight that has a bulb spot light, a white l.e.d. light, and a red l.e.d. light. i love it! the bulb works as a good spot light and the l.e.d. lights work for lighting up the area around you. the l.e.d. lights use alot less power. i get bout five fishin trips when i use just the l.e.d.s, but if i use the bulb spot light i have to change my batterys every fishin trip.

5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I have an LED lantern and the batteries last all summer long. I have been thinking about switching my running and stern lights out and making some fishing lights to put on the boat made out of them.

6. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    LED hands down. Use lots less power and give off just as much light. The only thing thats not as good as bulbs is the distance, more than 20 ft out.
    Then you want some type of bulb light to concentrate light at a distance.

7. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    L.E.D.'s are much better. With my head lamp with the flood light and the spot light on at the same time it will last for about 50 hours with two AA batteries. With only one setting on it will last 70 hours. I would have to agree that they are not good for distance lighting though.

8. Catfishqueen

Catfishqueen New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Definately LEDs. I wear my LED headlamp when night fishing. It is much better than regular bulbs. The LED bulbs last longer and produces no heat. Also the bulbs are shock resistant which makes them last longer.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bought two good l.e.d flashlights this year, I have used them in the past and they last forever.

10. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    I have to agree with everyone else. The LED lights provide better light and you get a lot more life out of the batteries.

11. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Good thread! I have use a regular bulb headlamp forever and plan to get a led one before too long. Been to the store how many times now and keep forgetting. Anyway, my way overboard on whining fishing partner complains my headlamp is too bright and once he picks on something it never ends so I better get one soon. :rolleyes:

12. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ok. so what brands are all ya'll usin? I have a garity l.e.d . from wally world n even with new batteries only puts like a moonglow light to a small area. lol batteries er bout dead n tried usin it other night n wasnt even enough light to thread a hook. would be nice if wally world would put one of each of the different lights on display so everyone could see which ones work n which ones like mine are trash.

13. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    LED's have pretty much replaced bulbs in my entire arsenal of flashlights.

14. redhawknc1

redhawknc1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah, I also would like to know about favorite brands! Might as well purchase a good one the first time around instead of buying a dud! Thanks for any suggestions.

15. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Hands down, L.E.D. It's a no brainer, low power and last forever! Also, led's go way pass flashlights. They make trailer lights, running lights for your boat and countless other applications and they come in every size and price, from a dollar to close to three hundred dollars!

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I carry both. I'll have one of the headband L.E.D. for general use but I always carry either a 5 cell maglite or 6volt lantern in case I need to reach out there and touch something.

17. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    LED's by far are a better light, in my opinion. I have trouble seeing blood when tracking a deer with a regular flashlight, I bought a LED flashlight and it is like night a day. I could see the blood a lot better and when walking to and from a stand in the dark my LED light doesn't shine as far out but up close it throws more of a flood light that lets me see more around me and keeps me on the trail better. I bought an expensive LED light and have since ordered a couple cheap ones to see if I like them as well.

18. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's true Mark, when you need to spot something far away, there's no replacement for a halogen or an incandescent. That's why I like the Rayovac headlamps that Wal Mart sells. The one with white leds, red leds and a small halogen spot. I still use a halogen spot for the boat too.

19. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Here is an led light that will out throw any mag light on the market. They still have some work to do on the cost structure, lol. But give it some time.

http://elektrolumens.com/ELX-12/ELX-12.html

My favorite LED headlamp has 2 modes, a 1 watt "spotlight" LED, and 3 unfocused, lower power LED's for up close work, the PrincetonTec Yukon HL. It's plenty adequate for anything I do bank fishing, but I would want something more powerful for fishing from a boat.

20. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    $349.99 now that is crazy!