L&D 25 &/or Pool 26 Fishin reports?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Beckman, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    How's the overall bite been around Winfield lately or Pool 26 for that matter and is the water full of trash/debris? :confused2:Haven't been out yet this year but I'm looking forward to taking my Dad out his week and weekend for some bluecat fishing. Typically this is my favorite time of the year to go after em' as it generally a pretty solid bite in June. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance for you help.

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I fished pool 26 Sunday night / monday morning and did very well...the fish are biting good and have extremely full bellies! :wink:

3. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Hey Thanks RIVER-RAT I'm looking forward to wackin' on em'. Did you catch mostly blues or did you catch any channels? Did the water column have allot of trash in it? Fish the tailrace at all or Dardene Slough? Sorry for all the questions.

Take Care.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    We caught all blues...the gates are up still at the dam, so we fished down river from there....closer to St Louis...not much trash at all, really clean except a bit of line trash though...grass and leaves, but not real bad

5. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Hey-Thanks allot for the feedback.

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I think RAT means that he fished pool 27, below Mel Price. Pool 26 is above Mel Price up to the tailwaters of Winfield Dam.:wink:

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
  8. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey RAT.....you still floating over the Chain of Rocks are you locking through? I've never been below the bridge and not sure I want to chance the rocks as I have no clue to the best spot to try it and at what water level it is still safe.

It is looking tempting though.......

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    When I ran over them the other night they were still 13-15 feet under water...a good rule of thumb that I follow is.....if the wing dykes on the MO are still under water, the rocks are good to go!:big_smile:

10. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    If the St. Louis gage reading is 17 you can still safely go over the chain if you know where to go over (near the last "lighthouse").... if you don't know the best spot to go over, you might say the gage should be 20 feet to be safe.

Can always lock through the canal. :cool2:

FYI, the gage is at 20 feet now (http://www2.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/new/layout.cfm)

11. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    I will say that people will go over the chain at 14 feet and lower, but I won't advise that to anyone and you surely won't be seeing me try it. :wink:

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The last lighthouse, would that be the one closest to the middle of the water?? And I cannot remember if the low spot is directly up from it or off to the Mo. side.

13. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Hey thanks for clearing that up SkipEye. I knew what Rat was saying. :big_smile:

Are the roller/tainter gates still wide open at Winfield?

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Rollers are in deep, tainters are skimming the top.

15. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    SkipEye, when is the last time you were out? I'm guessing that there's allot of trees, leaves, debris in the water column right. Anyway, I would like to fish the tailrace and put in over at Mark's ramp on MO side.

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Very little debris except for minor leaves and grass. Occassional logs floating by but very little of that.

The bite is super-slow at Winfield right now. That is during the day at least. Don't know about night-time.

17. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    SkipEye...I'm gonna try the night bite and I'll let you know how I do. Thanks again. Hopefully, I'll see you on the water sometime as you can't be hard to miss with that tower on your Ark.