L&D 13 on June 2 Report

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by fox9988, Jun 3, 2009.

1. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    This was my 1st time at 13.Put in below the damn.1st throw of the cast net I caught a snake on the boat ramp,never done that before:crazy:.Caught some shad in behind the locks,it took about 20 min to catch maybe 25 or so.Threw out 17 juggs close to the gates,water was rough and runnin.Caught a 4lb blue right off,but it was the only one of the day.I floated the juggs down the river for 5 miles.My juggs are set up to fish below Webbers Falls with 12ft of string,the water is 14ft deep there.Well the water runs around 28ft below L&D13,so I was fishing way to shallow I geuss.I'll try again when the river goes down,or try some back waters off the river.

2. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Sure do have the itch to get down there-- guess I have to wait a while.

3. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    forrest .. more than likely the bigger blues are spawning now ...... come july , try floating some jugs with 3 ft drops ............ we do that in the misipy river and wear the big blues out .............3 ft drops over 15 to 25 ft water.... good luck!! by the way .......... gonna be a fishing trip down at wilbur mills the last of august .... could be some good jugging then too .......

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jennie and I had a hamburger again today at the Lock watchin the fishin. Lots of people on the banks, couple boats up near the gates. I kinda thought one of the boats out there was a boc fella , he had a big umbrella like those Mississippi boys. We just bought a new one for our boat today, last one got mangled......:eek:oooh: water was down , just right, Im goin back sometime tommorow if its not rainin and try for some skips, I seen a few poppin and I dont have any left. :sad2:

5. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Little Mac did you do any good?I'm thinking about hittin it Wed morning.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    nah, no good at all, not even a bump. :sad2:

7. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Maybe next time:confused2:

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Forrest I looked in my journal and last year July 17 I started catchin skips there. I believe they started a few days before that, but that is when I caught em. Not alot, but a few. go early