Kyle Lake

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tat_n_trapper, May 4, 2009.

1. tat_n_trapper

tat_n_trapper New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Anyone fish there? I Fish there pretty regularly. I have caught a few nice one there, the biggest was 28" 10 pounds.

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Yep, I've fished there! Great place, my brother-in-law LIVED at that lake, (as well as keystone power dam), when he lived at punxsutawny. Caught cats in their too, right around this time of the year. Now I live a little ways away with other trophy options closer it doesn't make much sense for me to go there.

Big fish in there. My cousins rod got pulled right out of his hands into the lake. Let me know if you find it attached to some lunker trophy. LOL.

3. tat_n_trapper

tat_n_trapper New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    what was the best bait you found in Kyle lake? I always use fresh chicken livers but some swear by live minnows. I was there on saturday night and had a few good bites but nothing serious. I got a minnow trap and I am going to try to get some small creek chubs to use live and maybe some other fish to use a cut bait.

4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    We did great with live minnows; rich (my brother in law) swears by em'...

5. cchichy

cchichy New Member

State:
    Cookport,
    im pretty sure that i game comm still "stocks" kyle with catfish ... if you call the small amount of fish they put anywhere stocking lol

6. tat_n_trapper

tat_n_trapper New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    If I remember correctly they stock an average of 5000 channel fingerlings every 2 years.

7. tat_n_trapper

tat_n_trapper New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I'll be at the lake at around 7pm tonight if anyone wants to join us. We will be right by the boat launch.

8. tat_n_trapper

tat_n_trapper New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Had a few bites last night, got one 29" 10.5 pound channel cat. I was using a new chicken liver idea. I made liver sacks with some cloth mesh and poured some ground chicken liver, garlic and parmesan cheese over them. Kind if like a chum and bait in one.