Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Ky Squirrel season

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  hookeye 
#1 ·
It's that time of year again, season opens Sat Aug 20! :D

#3 ·
Hello JDM,
Got 5 Sat a.m. 4 greys 1 fox in about an hour, they were tearing up 3 small hickory trees. Sunday a.m. was a bust I think the storms that went through late Sat may have had some effect on em.
Went back out Mon a.m. got 5 fox squirrels, same little hickories, still baffled about Sun though as the woods were so still and quiet and wet, with a light fog it was almost eerie. Had seen a lot of Deer and Turkeys on Sat and nothing at all stirring Sun. Keep me posted as how you do, GOOD Hunting!

#8 ·
Hey Desparado,
I lived in Ohio most of my life, grew up in the Dayton area and later moved to west Middletown. I used to hunt and fish Greene, Butler, Warren, Adams, Brown, Montgomery, Shelby, Scioto counties and a few others that slip my memory. Anyway the Squirrels I have bagged thus far have come off my own land so the hunts have been quick and the Squirrels dressed right away. So far I have not seen any sign of Worbles (thank goodness). Anyway since it is my land and I don't have to travel to hunt (for the first time in my life), I take 2 bottles of water and one of those insulated food bags with ice in it. I clean the game as quick as it is taken and place it in that bag of ice. Those bags are real handy items to have around as they are not a burden to pack into the woods with you. They fit right into the game pouch of a vest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.