KY river report Lexington area

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by lance, Jul 17, 2009.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    July 16th Water is down for now .Clarity about a foot . A few bites nothing big tho . Shad/Shrimp/gills for bait .Hopefully I will be able to put some real time in next week .

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ky river report 7/23 . Fished at boonesboro curent side of dam .(Clark Co. ) Lot's of bites on liver and a few on shrimp . Caught 2 chanels in the teens and lost one about the same. 1 soft shell turtle 1 painted turtle and 4 small Lg. mouth bass . Fished 4 hours middle of the day . Water clarity about 6 to 10 inches . Good luck and good fishing .

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Water was up some Making launching and trailering the boat difficult . (where are you central BOC ers' !) Anyhow with pleasure boaters and an inconsiderate jet skier I still managed 4 channels between 14 and 23 inches . All caught on liver on the bottom .3 hits on garlic shrimp no hits on shad . missed plenty fish too ! Any one wanna go !

Attached Files:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey lance you ever fish the ky river there around frankfort?

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    No I live about 10 min. from the river in Madison co. at boonesboro . My wife and kids play at the park while I fish and we camp there some too . It is a conveinant place for me to go ...

6. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Good reports, Lance. Thanks brother!

I need to get out too Boonesborough again. I swear if it's not one thing, it's another. I don't think I've been fishing in over a month. That's the sort of thing that shouldn't happen. There's probably a law against it. And if not, there should be!:wink:

7. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Do you think you can get me some directions coming from lexington? I'm trying to find some decent river spots. Thanks!

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Here you go .! 75 south Just before you cross the river I beleive it is the Clays Ferry exit don't know the number either LOL ! Just know how to go ...Take exit at top of ramp turn right follow the hill to the bottom turn in Riptide's parking lot go down below boat ramp should find some bank access there.. Or better YET ! Stay on 75 to the Boonesboro exit number 95 .Go up ramp turn left this is 627 .Stay on 627 till you get to just before the river turn right go till you see the pool on the left turn in there . You will see a building park there and the dam is right behind it..Take a little walk down the bank to check it out.. ! Or there is a boat ramp in that area pull in the same placedrive further down .Fish at the boat ramp The last few cats I have caught have been downstream a little ways from there .You can also stay on 627 Cross the river turn right follow that road upriver to the dam there is a pump station park at the top of hill and walk down . There is a no tresspassing sign there but I was told it was put there by the Boonesboro state park people to keep people OFF the dam..Now if you fish that side do not stand on the wall the Game Warden will have a fit ! I have been checked there just a few weeks ago . And if I weren't allowed to park there I am sure I would have been told so.Mind your p's and q's cause you won't hear him coming if the river is flowing !I have caught some cats behind the wall and just downstream in the rocks along with some small bass 'gills etc..saw a nice sauger come out of there too..If I get a chance to go will let you know a little in advance and I will put you in the boat with me if you want . Ain't nothing special a flat bottom with a trolling motor and a couple seats:roll_eyes: .Icamp down there at the state park sometimes too. The gate at the park closes at 10 pm I think too..Anything else let me know ..

9. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Awesome! Thanks so much. I know exactly where Riptides is. I know on Mondays they are closed so you can fish off their ramps. I have some buddies that do so. I'll have to check out the state park. Yeah if you ever need a fishing partner, I'm ready to go anytime, lol. Once again, Thank you!

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Got a spur of the moment hair this morning Sept. 2 . Fished the clays ferry bridges from 9:30 to 10:45 . Caught 1 smal channel (eater) on liver and a skipjack on a rooster tail ! Never even knew they had come that far up the river the jack that is so.....I got some extra cut bait for later in the week .Water is down and trying to clear up . Also tried shrimp and worms .

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hitting KY river @ Boonesboro most of the weekend . Anyone else ?

12. KySteelheader

KySteelheader New Member

State:
    Madison Co.,Ky
    Would like to go this weekend but have to take the wife up to Chicago to see inlaws. No fishing for me :sad2:

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've got family all around that area... yet I've never fished the KY river.... gonna have to go visiting I guess lol

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Labor Day weekend report ....Ended up catching about 10 channels mostly between 16 and 18 in. some smaller some bigger . Also had a buddy give me a Crappie ,a Sauger and a few Hybrid whites .. Lost some good fish as always !:roll_eyes: Motored up to the dam @ Boonesboro that's where most of the fish where stacked up was told water temp was 85 just downstream from the dam . Water is still a little muddy . Most all the fish were caught on crappie minnows and 8 lb. test .. Good luck be safe good fishing.....

Attached Files: