KY River @ Boonsboro

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by lance, Aug 5, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Will be camping at boonsboro on ky river ! Hope to run a trotline and some jugs and r-n-r . My freezer is empty and need some fish or want some fish to feed the family . Anyone possibly interested ? I just have a trolling motor on my boat this year . Don't have money to replace my motor till next year will give a report next week .:smile2:

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Any dates in mind? I can only go on Fri's & Sat's until Labor Day.
    I don't have a boat either.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I'll be there Aug. 8th and 9th this weekend ! Will be camping in the primitive area . Let me know if you wanna try it . My boat only has a trolling motor on it right now . 2 batteries . I live close so if my batts. die no biggie I got a speed charger about 10 miles up the road plan on running 1 trotline MAYBE 35 jugs . . I can always convert the jugs to limblines if there is too fast a current to keep my jugs from getting to far .

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Lance
    Sounds like you got a nice week end planned. Good luck hope ya fill that freezer:smile2::wink: Do you have any plans on going back to Dewey before winter?
    Next time you're going to Dewey let me know we'll try and get together.:wink:

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't think I 'll be back NOT because I didn't catch fish My family and a friends family do a yearly camping outing and pick somewhere different every year . Have done it for several years now . Have done Dewey/Beaver Creek/ Lake Cumberland / Mill Creek / Barkley /Kentucky. AS of right now next years vote is Taylorsville or Barren or maybe Cave Run

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    MY dodge van is blue/gray ? A bass sticker on back rt. side of window . White boat/ red stripe may see trolling motor or no motor showing on back . Blue carpet . I'll have on a lucky hat or native pride hat .I'm a scruffy looking long hair . Will have a pack of kids with me .

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Been told they's some good cattin in Cave Run and copper heads

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glad no one came ! Jugged 2 nights Caught 1 channel 25 in. long . Thanks to the kids we were able to bring home the bluegills ! On the positive side the camping and weather was great and a good time was had by all .:smile2: