ky river bank fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by lance, Sep 1, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Getting ready to head out seems like my buddy is a no call !:sad2: I will be bank fishing under the I-75 bridge between LEX and Richmond . A jug fishing trip changed to just a rod and reel adventure . Anyone wanna come walk down the boat ramp @ Clays Ferry bridge and look down stream . Caught a bunch of 4 to 5 in. suckers and crawdads today. plus night crawlers , stink bait ,shad guts , liver ! bring poles and come on !

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Well man hope you had a good trip last evening:wink: Might have taken you up on the invite if it had been tomorrow evening:smile2: Going to be in Lexington area for Dr. appointment at 2:00 P.M. :sad2: By the time I get out, would have been the right time to start fishing:wink: Maybe next time:wink::smile2::big_smile:

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Fishing report is : Water warm zero current . Fished 8 to 11 . Danny no bites, (cut sucker ) Ken no bites stink bait , Lance no bites (chicken liver ). John 1 bite on night crawler . No one used the crawdads. :big_smile: After all the effort my boy spent on catching them . Shame on all of us now I gotta gofreeze them for the next trip ! :cool2::wink::roll_eyes::tounge_out::big_smile:

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Thanks for the report. Man this fishing sure is slow:sad2: going to have to pick up soon or the fish will starve out this winter.:sad2: It's about time for the fall bite to kick in maybe we can catch some then:wink::smile2::big_smile:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Woohoo!!! I got a bite! Thats more than I've been getting for the past few months!:roll_eyes:
    Thanks for the report Lance. I have family that lives in Lexington, If I ever get down there I'll holler at you and we'll wet a line.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :wink:My stinkbait may have run all the fish off lol !:wink::big_smile: Its all Kens fault I told him to use the crawdads !

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    THANKS guy!!! go ahead and blame it on KEN I got broad shoulders I can take it:wink::smile2::big_smile: It was that dang stink bait.

8. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Thanks Lance but you just gave John the Big Head.:eek:oooh:

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It was a rubber night crawler ! :wink: Ken we might have all done better if we would have used those crawdads my boy caught . :big_smile::wink: .Maybe this weekend he will catch us some more:cool2:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Crawdads crawl under rocks and hang ya up, unless it's a sandy bottom.:wink: Sometimes they are good bait. Like everything else the right time right place they catch fish:wink:

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I put the sinker on the bottom and have my bait about 18 in. up if he pulls enough slack off a 2 or 3 oz. sinker he should have been eat at the house I cant seem to find the big dads !:big_smile:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I usually fish Carolina rig never thought about rigging them that way. Thanks man

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use about a 6 in. leader on the hook . So actually its about 12 in off bottom

14. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'll have to give that a try, sometime

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Bunch of us boc 'ers are fishing KY river @ Boonesboro state park all welcome to join us !:smile2:

16. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    What state is the Kentucky river in?:eek:oooh: The Ohio river it's not in Ohio it's in Kentucky.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Part of the Ky.River is in the jungle of Central Kentucky.:wink::smile2:

18. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If they get the drum circle going over at the campground it might sound like the jungle !:wink:

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Drum circle????:crazy::eek:oooh::smile2: I may not be fishing the whole time...:smile2:
    Who usually is in the drum circle lance?

20. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Do they do historical reinactment at the fort down there Lance