KY Lake Fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by BIGCAT GarryEads, Jan 24, 2009.

1. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Hey, if you could fish for channel cat's at KY lake ,what time of the year would you go?? And is any spot better than another spot,on the lake? The same thing goes for Lake Barkley. I was looking at the Lake down by Cadz KY.

BIGCAT GarryEads

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Garry when the spawn is about to start I have had luck on the rocks above the dam and on the east side of the lake for channels. I have also had success inside the connector channel of the two lakes on the sand bars.

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well Garry....the best time I have found to go after channelcats on Lake Barkley would be the spring and early summer. The fall would be my next best time. They are still being caught in the winter, but not as many as in spring. I live just 5 miles west of Cadiz...we should hook up sometime!!!

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Gary hook up with John or anyone of the redtails they know that water like a big buck knows the woods !

5. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    When I read John Young's post the thought went through my mind.There is the man in the know on the lake. John is the man I'd want with me if fishing Barkley or Ky lake Either.

6. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    In the spring/early summer, fish the riprap rocks for eater size Channel cats. Also there is a grain terminal alittle south of the hwy 68 bridge on KY. Lake that is a good spot. If you want to try for a few trophy Channels, you'll have to come down, I only give that info in person :smile2:

7. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Griz, you name the time and date, and I will be there.I will bring the p-toon boat if you would like,and we can fire up the 997 side image and see what we can find.:wink:

BIGCAT GarryEads

8. broz

broz New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hope to be heading to Kentucky Lake on April 20, 2009 (Catfishing). Will skipjack be available at that time?
    Thanks---Bill