KY gun modern season starts 11/14. Hunters check in!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kycatman01, Nov 8, 2009.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Just wondering how many Kentucky gun deer hunters are on this forum. Let me know what county you will be hunting, what gun you will be using, and best deer taken in your life. Here is mine:
    Bath County
    Remington 770 bolt action with Bushnell 3x9 scope(300 win mag caliber)
    10 point 19-20 inch spread

NEXT>>>

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    If it's anything like rifle deer season around here,duck and cover man! opening day can be a zoo with all the city idiots riding around in there lincoln navigators and other fancy rides looking for a deer to be standing near the road,then it's thirty rounds fired with no thought or care as to where they end up,after opening weekend it's a lot safer!

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I

4. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I will be out there.I hunt on my small farm in Trigg County near the Linton/Donaldson Creek area.I will be using my .270 Winchester Model 70.Largest deer is a 10 point with a 16 inch spread.Good luck

5. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    I'll be at it this year. My own property in Barren County by the lake with either 25-06, 30-06 or 41 Mag Redhawk.
    10 point taken in Arkansas with a 45acp. Put about 170lbs of meat in the freezer.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Caldwell co.
    Winchester lever 30-30 3x9 weaver see thru rings
    Tie on the best deer LOL ! A basket 8 and a 6pointer that had an 18 in spread .

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    we gona be in the stands wife with a marlin 336C 30-30 and a 3x9 scope.
    me with a Single shot New England handi rifle in 30-06 and a 2.5x10 scope. Deer ant got a snowballs chance in hell lol.

8. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'll be hunting in the south part of Henderson county opening weekend. I'll be using a remington 700 bdl 270.Biggest to date from Ky is a 3.5 year old 10 point 17 inch inside spread that scores in the high 130s.

9. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'll be in Scott County, with my Savage 308 w/ simmons scope hunting on about 300 acres to myself. Biggest buck is a small 8.

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    A eater in the fridge still got a horn tag !

11. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Johnson Co. 275 acres family owned
    Remington 700 BDL 25.06 Rem.
    Remington model 7 308 Win
    Ruger model 1 International 270 win.
    Best to date is an * point 17"

With back problems, my hunting may be mostly sitting on the front porch and hoping a good one comes by.

12. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just leased a farm in christian country in Crofton. Around 190 acres with a cabin and a big pond stocked with bass and catfish. Went bow hunting there last tuesday and wednesday. I took a mature doe with the Ross bow and she only ran 10 yards before crashing. Passes on a few really nice deer them days. Opening day of rifle I was there carring my BAR 300 win. Saw a few little bucks and some does, but decided to pass because I know the big deer are there. There is a big 10 point with a broken G3 that we are not shooting this year so he can be better next year. Then sunday was the same thing. Saw plenty of deer, but not the shooters I am looking for. I sat in a thiket on the ground and saw 3 bucks a spike and 2 6's. The spike almost walked up and said hi. He was at around 4 yards looking at me taking pics of him. I will make a post soon and share some of my 2009 deer hunting pics. I did take a really nice main frame 8 point with 2 stickers on his G2's. Good luck yall. On my way out to the farm again tomorrow around noon and staying for a week. So i will be off the radar again.

13. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    FYI. Kentucky law for Deer is one antlered and one antlerless or two antlerless unless you have a bonus permit which allows two more antlerless. I know in TN you are allowed 3 bucks + depending on the permit and hunting area.

14. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee

15. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Nothing yet for me this season , I have seen several deer but neither a buck or a doe that I am looking for.I have seen more turkeys than anything , I realy think they are more annoying than squirells when I am deer hunting.I did see one nice buck but he was too far away for a good shot.I could tell he was 17 plus wide but couldn't get any type of point count.Lots of time left yet and he wasn't spooked at all.I just wish we could get our cooler temps back.

16. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Harrison Co.
    Ruger .264 Win. Mag. old version M77
    biggest deer in the 130's mybe low 140's I didnt score it.

Rough opener saw a few deer but none that qualify.

Good luck, Abu65