KY Dam

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by hopnsg, Aug 25, 2008.

1. hopnsg

hopnsg New Member

State:
    KY
    I have a chance to go to KY Dam tonight. I am 3 hours away. Should I make the trip or is the weather too bad?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hoppy Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I wish I could help you on the Ky Dam fishing but I'm not up to date.:0a25::0a25::0a22:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well, I hope you made the trip and we are waiting for a fishing report!!

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Go to a weather report pull up a radar map and see whats coming ! Call TVA Tennesee Valley Authority and see the generation schedule . In past expereince if they are not generating fish are hard to come by sometimes. Ask TVA about Barkley too . Good Luck

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC. and weather or not go fishing at least you will be out of the house.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky

I should have said fish the lake around the locks or the canal if no current !:big_smile::cool2::wink:

7. hopnsg

hopnsg New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks for the info. I made the trip and caught three over ten pounds and then they turned off one of the generators. The cats stopped biting. I did catch seven stripe and hybrids for fun.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What were the size on those Hybrids???? In the spring I catch some around the 10 lb mark. Great fight on r&r!:wink:

9. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Sounds like you had a good night