ky and Barkley canal

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beespringer, May 11, 2009.

1. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Ive caught alot of channels in the canal at this time of year fishing with leeches during the daytime but what I was wondering was if it would be a good prospect for flatheads at night??I know in the past Ive caught several juvenile flats there while fishing for channels.

Does anybody here fish the canal for big flats?enquiring minds want to know:big_smile: Thanks Billy

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've never fished the canal billy.....I'm sure someone here has though....good luck!:wink:

3. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    moveing to dover in jul, hope the catfishing is as good down there as it is up this way.

4. jay gibson

jay gibson New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've 'accidentally' caught a few smallish flatheads in there. . . That canal can be treacherous, when they are pulling water. I'll never forget setting the hook on a massive drum (almost certain) with COLD hands, in January, while smallie fishing. My all-star jiggin' rod went over and I followed. . . VERY DUMB! Almost never got back into the boat, I lost rod/reel and almost my life!

5. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Now that would definitely be a fishing TRIP!!:eek:oooh:You know if there are small flats running there it looks like granddads close by:big_smile: Billy

6. clueless but trying

clueless but trying New Member

State:
    hopkinsville
    I have fished the channel a hundred times day and night from shore and boat ....:wink: I have caught some pretty big flats off that channel . skipjack does the trick give it a try.

7. louisvillefishking

louisvillefishking New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i've caught some nice channels and thats it i would try down the road from Denumbers Bay for flatheads

8. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    have you had some lusk at denumbers bay on the Flats?

9. CatSkinner

CatSkinner New Member

State:
    Paducah, KY
    Might hit the Canal Sunday afternoon/evening myself. Anyone doing any good with the water up so high right now?

10. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Ive fished the canal before at high water with the steep banks you cant tell alot of difference you should get on some fish sunday.:wink:Billy