Kutter is my Hero, and PB 60 lbs

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by stlcatman, Jul 20, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well I hit the river again last night alone. I met up with Mike and Debbie on the Meremac. Did anyone ever hear of the rumor that Debbie is bad luck.:smile2: Well we didn't start out too well, I caught a 14 and missed 3 fish. We moved to another spot that had been producing and nothing. Well it was time for Mike and Debbie to leave so I went down stream to try a new spot and hit an 18 right off of the bat. The next fish well he was a bit bigger. It started with just a few taps, a few more then the rod tip loaded up slightly. I picked it up and thought I would real in a dink. I loaded the rod all the way up and the fish swam right at the boat, about half way he figured he had changed his mind and the fight was on. It is not easy landing a fish that big by yourself with no net. I put the boga in his mouth and jerked him in the boat. I didn't get any pics but I took a video with the camera. I don't know how to load it yet but I am working on it.

Now for the part about Mr. Kutter (the saint). After catching my breath I decided it was time to go and picked up all of the rods, through the rest of the bait out and went to start the motor. (thank god I have always practiced starting the motor before you brake the anchor loose) well you guessed it, it wouldn't start. I think it is either a low battery or a bad starter. Well it is now 5:00 a.m. and I call Kutter up and he told me no problem I am on my way. He suggests that I keep fishing but I told him that I had thrown all of my bait out and took what I had off of my rods.:smile2: I just can't tell you how much I appreciate Kutter for taking the time and expense out of his time to come and get me. This is a great place filled with wonderful people who I am glad to call Friends. People please rep Kutter, and Tom I owe you my friend. Thank you Mr. Kutter!

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/shamuskc21/?action=view&current=608lber-2.flv

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thank you Ryan. Neat video, but I think you got the name wrong. 608 lb'er????:wink:

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    You caught me it wasn't quite that big, 60.8 lbs.:smile2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    6, 60 or 600 pounds. Thats a nice fish Ryan:crazy: Your right too, this place is filed with fine folks. Ya could have called me but it would have been noon before i made it over there.:smile2:

5. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Great fish Ryan!!! I can imagine the time you had getting that hog in the boat!! Congratulations!! To bad about the bait situation. I guess you had some quiet time to relive the fight while waiting on the man to arrive. :smile2:
    Thanks for helping Ryan out Kutter!!

6. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    With as much time as you've been putting in. I predict you to smash that PB again in no time!!! THat's great!:smile2:

7. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Ryan, congratulations!!! You da man!:worship::worship::worship:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO

Thanks guys, it might be a while until I am back out there again. It all depends on what is wrong with the motor. John I believe you would drive all that way to bail me out.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ryan, i'll come get ya buddie but i need to put the starter back on ole whitie before i can. I sheared off a bolt in it and can't get it out. We're gonna drill it today and put a heli-coil in it. I think i'll stud it this time and just put a nut on it. Nothing short of a lawn mower is more aggravating than a boat that won't run.:confused2:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    In NO way at all am I the least little bit surprised at what Tom did for you. I know he would do that for anyone, and he'd never take a penny for his time.

Thanks Tom for bringing in the wayward Float Trip Apprentice, and for not "raining" on his parade. :wink:

Linus, CONGRATS dude. That is one great fish. I remember talking to you last fall, and I remember telling you if you worked hard at it and had patience your day would come sooner than later. Well, your day is here my friend and your hard work and efforts have paid off. Thats a true HOG!!!!

Thats a Citation Fish, so make sure you get the formed mailed off to MODOC. I can do it for you if you wish.

Same goes for all of you that have been belting these brutes this past week. Chris, Rat, Linus, Stitch, and others I know all have caught Citation Fish this week. It dont cost nothing, and what you get in return certainly isnt cheesy.

Its good to see everyone out and about and enjoying these great fish this week. I'm sorry I havnt been on much, or fishing much, I have been flying my back side off this summer to try and sock some cash away for the impending reduction in our flight schedules this fall due to soaring fuel prices.

Just know that I miss being out there with you guys and gals.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats Ryan.. Your getting real good at photo chopping aren't you... hehehe.. Seriuosly thats a real nice catch.. Tom it says I gotta spread the love around some..

12. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Thats one nice fish Ryan.

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congratulations, Ryan!! I got your text last night, and I had to call to see you weren't BS'ing me like I was the night before. LMAO!!:smile2: I could tell by the tone of your voice that you weren't joking. Wish I could have come and helped you out, but after all the drinking, I had pretty much passed out by then! lol. Reps to ya Kutter. I have to spread the love first, but will do so, when I can. Too bad I can't watch the video though. This $(%$#$)%)$)%)$)%)$ dial up connection won't let me.:confused2::smile2::smile2::wink:

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Good Job Ryan!! I had the girls out with me last night and by 200am, they were passed out and I just couldn't keep em out much longer.....

Congrats Ryan on a great fish and a new PB!!!!

You da man Kutter!!!

15. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    congrats ryan on a good fish.reps to you tom and we miss you in chat.

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on a nice fish, The BOC is full of fine folks, that is why I like to spend so much time here. I hope you have better luck with the boat next time. I have found myself in that situation before and I know how bad it feels

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Note to Ryan:

NEVER throw your bait out until you are back at the ramp! You could have fished another hour or so until Tom got there to save you!

Of course I am sure you know that.

GREAT FISH! You've been whacking some pigs lately.:big_smile:

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have to wonder what goes thru a mans mind when reality sets in. Here i just caught a toad, and no bait left. You may have caught the little one.:crazy:

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    John, I promise you that was not on my mind. I was thinking man I am not ready to do that again right now and boy a cheese burger and some sleep sure sounds good.:smile2:

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Great Fish Ryan! Wish I could of been there to get a picture of it for you. I thought something was wrong when you called me as I was walking out the door at 4 this morning to go to work the way your voice was trembling. But when you said you had just caught a 60 I could tell you were just excited. Hate to hear about your boat, but I guess this means were taking mine next Saturday then huh? I'll stay away from working on Sunday next weekend so I can stay out all night. That going into work after being out all night fishing SUCKS!