Kurt Warner retires!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 29, 2010.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Just found out Kurt Warner has retired from the NFL. I don't know if you guys knew his story but it was a good one! He was living in his friends basement with his girlfriend and bagging groceries, then he played in the AFL, and then was picked up by the Rams, who he led to a Super Bowl victory! Warner is well respected and he's had a heck of a run! Now, let's see if Leinart can step up and fill his shoes. I don't see it happening though, in the few games Leinart played because of Warners injury this season, Leinart looked terrible. Everyone hyped him up in the draft and he's been a huge bust so far. He'll have a chance to prove himself this next season. I guess we'll see though. In my opinion Warner should definately be in the Hall of Fame. What do you guys think?

2. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    He was a great player. Had a lot of respect for him. I just wonder if he will pull a Brett Favre on everybody for a couple years. He's definately capable of doing so.

3. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Warner is a guy that says what he means, he is done. One of the best persons in and outside of football, I believe he deserves to be in the hall of fame. The game will miss him

4. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    ya he needs to go to the hall of fame. tough man. he has one hell of a gun. i just hope if he says it he is gonna stick to it. this brett favre thing is gettn old. altough id like to see kurt and fitzgerald go at it for one more year together. i think arizona could do it.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Even though I live in Arizona I was never really a cardinal fan until the owners got Warner and stuck with him. all the the other qb's just couldn't get it done but Kurt is a gunslinger. I was hopin he would come back but understand his reasons. He is deserving of the HOF. As for Leinart, man I hope we draft or trade for a journeyman qb that can play with the level of talent we have at wr. If not, they will be terrible and all the best players will be snatched up by other teams within a year.

:glasses-cool:

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    He will be back! us Iowa boys don't quit!!.......just $ hungary that's all LOL!!! I bet he will make a return, he's just causing drama until he donates all his $ to charity and figures out he still has a arm.

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Winning and getting to the big game wise, Kurt Warner is did more than Jim Kelly (0 SB appearance), Dan Marino (1 SB appearance), and Steve Young (1 SB win) combined.

Hall of Famer to me!

8. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I happen to know ALOT about Kurt warner..He went to UNI and Graduated with 3 of my Jr high and high school teachers and Every time he goes out to eat with his family one of his kids picks out a family and he gets there bill and pays it...and He was a great foot ball player and i seriously doubt he will last out of the nfl..I believe he will return!! and is very respected around here!!!I could go on forever but i wont..lol...

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Heck of a Q.B. Gonna miss him in the N.F.L.I don't really think he'll make a return.He has plenty of money and I sort of look for him to become a youth Minister.He is very deeply involved in the church.
    He certainly belongs in the H.O.F. don't even qualify for at least 5 yrs.Which stinks in it's self.
    Wish him the best of luck in what ever he chooses to do from here on out.

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yep,
    I really respected him as a QB,,and, even more as a man..

Good luck to him, wherever he goes..whatever he does.