kurt bush

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    how many besides me thinks he should be in the drunk tank today instead of a race car? :cursing:

this preferential treatment for sports people is completely out of hand

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    everyone pretty much knows how i feel about him. :D

PHOENIX - Kurt Busch was detained on suspicion of drunken driving and cited for reckless driving after a confrontation with police near the track where the NASCAR champion is to race on Sunday.

Busch was stopped on Friday after trying to avoid another car and running a stop sign about 2 miles (3 kilometers) from Phoenix International Raceway, said Lt. Paul Chagolla.

"As a result of the roadside investigation the deputy did take Mr. Busch into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol," said Chagolla, a Maricopa County sheriff's spokesman.

Chagolla said the deputy smelled alcohol on Busch, but the driver refused to perform standard field sobriety tests. Busch did submit to a field breath alcohol test, disclosing the presence of alcohol.

The deputy drove Busch to the raceway, where a sheriff's facility is located, to administer another breath test but the machine there failed. The deputy then decided to cite Busch for reckless driving and he was released, Chagolla said.

Busch was spotted driving about 60 mph (95 kph) in a 45 mph (70 kph) zone, Chagolla said. A deputy tried to pull Busch over but there was some delay, Chagolla said. When he did stop, Busch was argumentative and uncooperative, Chagolla said. The deputy then called for a supervisor.

Busch released a statement Saturday night apologizing to the sheriff's department.

"I regret the incident that occurred ...," Busch said. "It is important to understand that this citation is not alcohol related. I want to apologize to the Maricopa County sheriff's department for my actions."

Busch, the reigning Nextel Cup champion, is in Phoenix to race in Sunday's Checker Auto Parts 500. Busch, eighth in points for the season, qualified 17th for the race. His team did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter said: "It's a traffic ticket as far as we know."

Busch's truculent behavior on and off the track has gotten him in trouble with NASCAR and other drivers in the past.

The 27-year-old driver from Las Vegas was punched in the face by Jimmy Spencer for trying to deliberately wreck him. He was called "an arrogant punk" by Kevin Harvick and is booed by fans who dislike his aggressive driving.

Busch got into trouble with NASCAR again at Darlington in May when he refused to go where he was told after returning to the track following a crash. He then was called into the pits for a penalty and responded with expletives directed at NASCAR officials over his car radio. He also tossed a water bottle that hit the NASCAR official in his pit.

NASCAR officials said his behavior was not "befitting of a champion."

3. ryanc

ryanc New Member

on nascar this morning they said bush has been suspended for the rest of the seoson by jack roush, kenny wallace will drive th #97 in today's race :eek:

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    now thats gotta be rough. these must be more behind the scene between jack and kurt for him to suspend a top 6-7 driver from the last two races. unless he got pressure from nascar. i can see that maybe being the case too.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kurt Busch in the Miller Lite car? could be a match.lol

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am a huge Bushc fan (sorry guys :p ) so I
    m biased, but I honestly do not think alchol was involved, I beleive his statement. He was "only" going 15 MPH over. I know its still illegal & everyhting, but it could be worse, I guess.

I think Jack R is ticked off over the whole leaving thing, boy of he was suspsended, I am sure Jack R. got the last laugh in the whole ordeal.

If there was alchol involved, I think it would severly hurt Busch next year, driving for Miller Lite, or hey maybe it could help...... Maybe he was supporting his new sponsor! :D

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i knew this would be rough on ya bro. shot ya a p.m on the reel.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Busch, Miller Lite, seems to be some kind of pattern there... ;)

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kurt Busch was detained on suspicion of drunken driving and cited for reckless driving after a confrontation with police near the track where the NASCAR champion is to race Sunday.

Busch was stopped Friday night after trying to avoid another car and running a stop sign about two miles from Phoenix International Raceway, said Lt. Paul Chagolla

"As a result of the roadside investigation the deputy did take Mr. Busch into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol," said Chagolla, a Maricopa County sheriff's spokesman.

Chagolla said the deputy smelled alcohol on Busch, but the driver refused to perform standard field sobriety tests. Busch did submit to a field breath alcohol test, disclosing the presence of alcohol.

The deputy drove Busch to the raceway, where a sheriff's facility is located, to administer another breath test but the machine there failed. The deputy then decided to cite Busch for reckless driving and he was released, Chagolla said.

Busch was spotted driving about 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, Chagolla said. A deputy tried to pull Busch over but there was some delay, Chagolla said. When he did stop, Busch was argumentative and uncooperative, Chagolla said. The deputy then called for a supervisor.

"This is Maricopa County and our streets are not to be used as raceways," sheriff Joe Arpaio said. "He ought to confine his speeding to the racetrack. And I don't like anybody being abusive to my deputies -- I don't care who they are."

Busch, the reigning Nextel Cup champion, is in Phoenix to race in Sunday's Checker Auto Parts 500. Busch, eighth in points for the season, qualified 17th for the race. His team did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The driver got his release from Roush Racing earlier this week and plans to join Penske Racing South next season, taking over the No. 2 Dodge from retiring Rusty Wallace.

Neither Busch, his representatives nor the Penske team could be reached for comment.

Jack Roush, Busch's current car owner, said he doesn't plan to take punitive action against the driver.

"I don't plan to take any action myself," he said. "I'm not looking down the road with Kurt, based on the fact that he has his release and he'll be doing something else. He'll be under new management and new oversight next year and I'll just stand aside and watch and see how that works out for him."

Roush said he had not talked with Busch or any of his representatives and did not know the facts of the incident. Asked how this situation might impact Crown Royal, a distilled Canadian whisky that is Busch's current sponsor, Roush said, "It would be an issue for Crown Royal, I'm sure, if that proves to be a fact, and going down the road with that relationship.

"But, happily, I feel we that we can stand aside of it now and say it's none of my affair."

NASCAR spokesman Jim Hunter said: "It's a traffic ticket as far as we know."

Busch's truculent behavior on and off the track has gotten him in trouble with NASCAR and other drivers in the past.

The 27-year-old driver from Las Vegas was punched in the face by Jimmy Spencer for trying to deliberately wreck him. He was called "an arrogant punk" by Kevin Harvick and is booed by fans who dislike his aggressive driving.

Busch got into trouble with NASCAR again at Darlington in May when he refused to go where he was told after returning to the track following a crash. He then was called into the pits for a penalty and responded with expletives directed at NASCAR officials over his car radio. He also tossed a water bottle that hit the NASCAR official in his pit.

NASCAR officials said his behavior was not "befitting of a champion."

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Kurt has now been suspended for the last 2 races of the season..I kinda lost interest in Nascar after my Driver did not make the chase..You know, the one with 4 championships, and 73 nascar victorys :D

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    bryan my friend, i am going to get on you here a little.......

Busch has not commented publically on the reckless driving citation, but released a statement: "I regret the incident that occurred near the Phoenix International Raceway Friday evening where I received a traffic citation. It is important to understand that this citation is not alcohol related....

bush absolutely DOES NOT say here there was no alcohol....he is claiming the incident wasn't caused by his being under the influence of alcohol....which could be true, as we can assume he wasn't drinking when he inflamed spencer and suffered a broken nose for his stupidity....bush doesn't have to be drinking to act like an arrogant idiot apparently :eek:

the deputy smelled alcohol on Busch, but the driver refused to perform standard field sobriety tests. Busch did submit to a field breath alcohol test, disclosing the presence of alcohol

there clearly was alcohol involved in the incident. nothing wrong with being a fan, bryan, but when your guy is wrong don't defend him

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/11/13/bc.car.nascar.buschout.ap/index.html

12. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I'm not a kurt busch fan, but i do like his crew chief. I hope he stays with the 97 car and doesn't go to the 2 car with busch.

13. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    As I sit here and read all this and listen to MRN on the radio - a Bush community service anouncement about responsibal safe driving - don't drink and drive HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a JOKE! I hope no one tries to sweep this under the carpet if it proves to be true! Maybe Miller brewing won't want him too!

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm trying here guys, I really am, but I too, am going to have to throw in the towel, If alchol wasnt involved then he probally wouldnt have gotten in trouble. I mean how many thousands of people get tickets each day? Shoot, if it was just a normal traffic ticket, none of the other stuff would have happened. I really think his future w/ Miller Lite could get in trouble. I mean it just wouldnt look good, know what I mean. Truth be told I think he is a pansy! I started into NASCAR during his rookie season & liked the car. I mean he doesnt even hunt or fish, I may have to find a new favorite driver. Whos a young up & commer who hunts? I dont want to be a bandwagon fan, I want to root for someone new!

15. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

I am not going to take anyones side,the facts are just that facts.let all think
    back to the $110.00 fine this summer in indiana for the man at a gathering
    that had no fishing license,and what a stink it started on here.do the illegal
    thing be it fishing or driving and you have to pay for your offense.when
    asked of roger penske today if this would affect anything on his deal with
    kurt bush,he replied NO.
    KIRK :eek:

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i like busch also it goes great with my brattswurst when i'm driving 90mph up the innerstate....mmmmmm beeeeeeeeeer....

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    mellon. don't let this drive ya aeay or us make ya switch drivers. hell nascar was founded by bootleggers and dragracers. i myself have a prior reckless driving conviction, went off my record in 12 months and i was totally polite to the police. always am. if ys like him stick with it. its a mistake. how many drivers wanted to kill dale sr. look what he is. a legend. dont run off yet

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Had I been into NASCAR earlier I probally would have been a big Dale Sr fan. I mean he hunted, fished, etc.....

Kurt Busch has a Palmerain for a pet dog. I just dont know if I can bring myself to keep following someone like that!

Hows Bobby Hamiliton Jr or Martin Treuex (spelling?) Do they hunt & fish? :p
    My 2nd favorite driver is Matt Kenseth, so maybe he could overtake Kurt Busch until Kurt "Rednecks" up on me. (Then I will be happy to be known as a Kurt Busch fan!)

19. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Here in Ohio refuse a test for alcohol is admiting quilt for DUI.And i also had a reckless opp in 80s for smoking tires on old 66 chevelle i had got 6 points.If there was a chance he was over limit and sounds like there was they should have took him for another test.I heard Roush said it been problem after problem with him since he signed him lol.

20. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    H2o - you liked Busch for his on track performance - good choice - stick with him or at least till you see how he works out next year - don't let us get under your skin! The kid made a mistake!

Most of us like one driver the most but root for a hand full of drivers - put Busch in that handfull - there were reasons you chose him, -
    I liked old DW when he raced and I didn't like some of the things he did but on the track he was my man!

I have been a Richard Petty fan for years - no one lives his life on and off the track like that today - he turns down the chance to win money because he won't put some sponsors decals on his fender - Today we have to take the good with the bad!