ku klux klan movie shown in my school

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by mudkat, Nov 16, 2006.

1. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    now im not trying to offend anyone but in social studies class we watched a movie on them and they showed present day klans man. they had some realyharsh words it was actually making me mad wat do you guyd think of this me idont think they should show us this but i guess its in our curiculum?!?!?!:sad2:

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    it is good to know about the clan but in my opinion they dont have to show something like that. I learn enough by reading

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    It was probably "Birth of a Nation". Your right, it is a very harsh reality that people like this exist and it is good to know of this vile stuff and form an opinion for yourself. Can you even imagine your kids growing up being fed that bunch of malarkie in our schools? Very disgrunteling indeed.
    It is to show how the mind frame has changed since then. It is good to know your enemy. You know what they say..."It's good to keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
    My great Grandmothers sister and husband were in the Klan and when my Grandmother found out (she ran across thier garb in thier room) she promptly kicked them out! Good for her!..You go grannie! LOL

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    We watched one of those documentaries in school. I think it is good. It shows how ignorant some people can be and it's good that it offended you, i'm sure that was the point!

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The purpose I'm sure was educational and to make you young people aware of the intolerance and ignorance you will be subjected to throughout your life.The original KKK was founded by confederate officers most notable among them Bedford Forrest.The purpose was to resist Reconstruction and they mainly harassed the carpet baggers and others that sought to abuse the South.Things quickly turned violent and the leadership to their credit rejected this violence and the Klan soon went into decline and was virtually destroyed by a civil rights act passed by President Grant if I remember my history.The present Klan started up sometime in the early 1900s.

6. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think it is good that you got to see that movie, the only was to create a more conciencious society is by educating our people. I am also glad in your eyes that was wrong, hopefully more of your classmates feel the same way.
    To create a better future we cannot hide our past as a nation.

7. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think it's probably good that you saw it and learned how stupid it is. In my opinion prejudice is a complete waste of time and energy, with no real point. But any opportunity to learn is worth while.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the Klansmen are monuments to the stupidity and ignorance of mankind. i do think kids need to be taught about them though. for 'Gods" sake dont go out and protest when they display their stupididty! they are wanting attention and and intend on getting folks all angry, when you show up to protest......they win!

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm sorry it is such an ugly world for you young folks. I think you need a awareness of that to prepare yourselves. I saw the Nazi party march & protest in San Diego in 1971. Jackboots, uniforms & all. I consoled myself in the regards this must be the greatest country in the world, or every one of those idiots would have been shot to death or hung on the spot.
    God Bless America. God bless you young folks. Keep reading, thinking, & most of all, feeling.
    :wink:

10. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    While Ive never had any personnel incidents, my dad sat me down one day and told me that a member of another race had murdered his mother at the age of 14, and he and his 4 brothers and sister had to do the best they could. He said if people with those kind of experiences have no racial prejudices, why should somone like me be prejudice?
    He had a great point, and I understood that even in the face of tragedy a real man doesnt use prejudice to guise and vent his anger.

Everyone learns things a different way, maybe they show the film as an eye opner because some peoples parents never teach them not to be an idiot. We watched American History X in college, and it was basically for the same effect.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    raised in kentucky i have seen alot of racesism , i was always taught to stay away from black folks except it wasnt fraised that way i heard the "N" word alot all my young life i stayed clear of them like they had the plague . as i got older and out on my own i found out that just because their skin is a different color they are no different than me infact i now have freinds of many colors and nationalities and hopefully i will make more before i leave this world , in heaven we are all the same as it should be here on earth

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i watched one and yes it did make me mad but i think we needed to see it. its important to know bout the stuff the press wont let you see. just a look at the real world brother.

13. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I do agree with the others it is something to see just how ignorance plays a big part in some peoples lives

14. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I am glad you saw it. I am also glad it upset you. You are going in the right direction with equal rights for all. It is sad tho that the klan exsist in this day and age.
    Bill

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    It's a good educational tool. Racism exists everywhere you go, as sad as that is to say at this day and age. I have even seen it here in the military and it wasnt just the typical "black/white" case either but, I'll tell you this, in the Corps, we live together, eat together, train together, and sadly enough sometimes die together. We as a people will continue to evolve and make great strides in our culture as AMERICANS (I have alot of faith in that). It's good to know about our past but more importantly to embrace our future

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Everything I ever needed to know about predjudice was explained to me by my father, a career soldier.As I set out to follow in his footsteps and join the Army he told me one day;"Son if you are lying on the battlefield one day with a terrible wound and only a medic can save your life, are you going to be concerned with his race when he crawls over to treat you?If not then dont be concerned about it any other time" Great advice and I have always tried to live by it.Just one of the great things about DADS that they seem to know all that important stuff.:smile2:

17. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Good point! However some impressionable youths might be tempted to use it as a blue-print for "being different" and therefor undermining the lesson... But this cannot be forgot or it will replay itself.

18. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Sorry, double post. oopsy daisy...LOL

19. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Well as history gos read up on alittle of nathan bedford forest who served in the civil war.

You have them out there who are want to be kkk that mislead mant to belive the kkk is this and that. and from that the real kkk takes a hard rap for it.

Many are speaking of kkk and what they think they know of the kkk. as i said there are them out there that are want to be kkk and do things to try and make a big name for there self. and from that the public gets nothing but the bad image of whats really not.

How many can say they have study the kkk not the want to bee kkk im talking about the real kkk.

Think about this you have lawyers that are in the kkk you have police officers who are in the kkk and you have people who are right inside of the goverment who are in the kkk.

Now lets get a fact right and lets make it clear. you have the want to be kkk out there who yells ni---- this and ni---- that because the want to be kkk base there views on color thats wrong and should not be done at all.

Why you may ask is cause and real kkk member will set and tell you or anyone els the color of your skin is not what makes you a ni----. it all depends on how you respect yourself and others that makes you what you are. a true fact is anyone no matter the color or race can be a ni----.

Someone who does not have respect for there self and other people are what you call a ni---- cause they do not care about there self or what they say to others or how they hurt others.

Don't judge a book by the cover thats been made for it by other wanting to bee something that they are not.

Yes im dam glad they did show you that video cause you got to see jackasses that are trying to be something they are not and doing things they should never do trying to make a name for there self.

Now with that said i would like each of you to goto http://www.google.com and in the search bar type in blacks in the kkk you may get shocked at how many are full blooded members of the kkk.

Not trying to upset anyone but like the old saying is don't judge a book by it's cover well same case here don't judge the book by the cover thats been made for it.

20. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    But it is the truth. i have seen real klan members set down and eat with a black person.

And speaking of the kkk i have a ? this even i don't know if we do or not but out of all the members here there is a good chance of it.

How do we know that we don't have members of the kkk right here in the catfishing family. that has try to help and give advice to whoever they can.

Ya never know you may have been helped before by a kkk member and never even know it just alittle something to think about.