KS BOC member drowns.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by center12, Nov 6, 2007.

1. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    It is with a very heavy heart that I have to share with you all the news that Eric Cruse(kscatman) drowned while trout fishing at Lake Shawnee in Topeka KS. His body was found by fishermen yesterday morning and though CRP was given Eric died at the scene.

I meet Eric through the BOC and have spent lot of hours in a boat fishing catfish tournaments and chasing crappie around the local lakes these last 2 years. We had planned on fishing crappie tournaments together next year, in fact we spent all of Sunday fishing together in prep for a crappie tournament this coming weekend. Sure wish my goodbye to him would have been more, sure puts some things into proper prospective.

Eric was without a doubt the best crappie fisherman I've ever had the pleasure of sharing a boat with, he had the "knack" that made fish bite. Not once did I ever out fish him on crappie, his skills with a jig were simply awesome. He was the kind of fishing buddy everyone hopes they find........always on time, willing to share anything he had with his partner, great conversationalist, and HONEST!! Eric was also very good around around a BBQ, we spent hour's talking Q............we even thought ourselves "BBQ Snobs", low and slow or it ain't Q.

Currently there is a huge hole in my life, friends are friends, but fishing buddies are completely different.......the openness of conversation, the sharing of true beliefs, the plans, hopes, and dreams...........it's neat what is shared if you spend enough time on the water with a buddy.

I'm sorry I don't have the word skills to properly express my thought's and feelings, but let it be know that a good man has passed.

Rest in Peace Eric, you'll forever be remember in my house.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Sorry to hear it Charlie. Man that's a tough one...

3. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Charlie,
    Deepest regrets and condolence on the loss of you friend.
    Paul

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Man. God Speed to his family. :sad2: May you remember all the dear times you shared on the water with your fishing partner. You have the deepest sympathies from the "Cuz" family.

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Charlie, it's a difficult day when you lose a friend. Please pass on our condolences to Eric's family.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Charlie are thoughts an prayers goes out to you and Erics family.

7. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Charlie,
    My condolences to you and to the family of brother Eric Cruse(kscatman). Although you may not feel that you were adequate in describing how much you liked or will miss Eric believe those of us that know you also know that you used words that you very seldom use.

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Charlie,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Prayers go out for his family and friends.

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Charlie you did a good job on the tribute to your friend. My heart felt condolences go to you and his family :sad2:

10. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family of our brother.my uncle drowned at 20 years old while fishing-looking back,he passed doing one of the things he loved most.god has a plan.

11. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I am sincerely sorry to hear about this -- he, his friends, and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Charlie: Condolences to you, to Eric's family, and to all who were priviledged to call him friend. Your words were very eloquent, and painted a wonderful picture of your friend. May we all be remembered so fondly.

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your pal. I guess there can't be anything else to sorry. We'll prya for his family.

14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Charlie, I'm so sorry. I just don't know what to say man. I'm just so sorry and sad for Ya right now. Thoughts and Prayers to Your and Erics family.

15. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    My prayers go out to Eric's family at this most trying time ,And am sorry to hear that you lost a great fishing buddy Charlie.

16. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    sorry to here this

17. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Charlie, the tribute to your friend and our brother was eloquent and heartfelt. Incidents like this are always shocking and painful. My prayers are with Eric and his family and with you.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    My sympathy goes out to you Charlie and to Erics family! What a tragic loss to the B.O.C. family!

19. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I am truely sorry, My prayers go out to you and his family.