Krodel Park?

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by catfishguy, May 21, 2009.

1. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    The state record blue cat was caught at Krodel Park. I am planning on fishing up there this week coming up because I'm on vacation.:big_smile: Anyhow, does anybody fish there or know anything about Krodel Park?. There must be some decent sized cats in there since the state record blue was caught there. It was only 26 pounds which is sad for our state considering blues get well over 100 pounds down south. Help me out! Are there big flatheads in there or any at all?

2. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    Hey Don, I fish krodel alot for trout in the winter when they are stocking them. As far as catfish I have never fish there for them. I have hooked a couple on my ultra light trout rods in the winter and had to chase them around the lake in my jon boat. Ill tell you this, the lake is not really a lake. Its more of a oversized pond to me. Id say its about 20 acres and the deepest part is around 8 feet deep.

I do believe they stock channels in there every year. I also think they stocked it a couple weeks ago but dont take my word on that.

As far as the blue that was caught down there. The dnr said it was stocked on purpose by them or that someone had caught it and released it in there.

3. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thanks. I have never heard of anybody catching anything out of Krodel Park other than channels. I didn't know where the state record blue came from. It was kind of a mystery. Thanks for the info.

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I think I read something about the dnr said it had to be thrown in there by a fisherman or someone. Its the only one they know of thats come out of there. I'll have to see if I can find that article I read.