Kokosing River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish Huntr, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Hi all,
    Has anyone fished the Kokosing for catfish? If so where? I will be there this weekend and would like to canoe down the river and catch a few.

Catfish Huntr

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    shoot netman jack a pm he can fill you in on the kokosing as well as anybody

3. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Thanks Tspergin. I'm tired of catching those little sm and really would like to catch a cat that knows how to fight....

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    where are you putting in at? you would be better off driving alittle farther to the muskingum..rollo

5. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    I keep a camper on the Kokosing and I either put in at at a bridge 3 mile east of Howard or I just launch from my campsite and float down the river and take out at any pre determined bridge.

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Keep catching the smallies and use them for bait live. Google the river from Millwood on down there are some nice holes behind the sand plant on the bends and around the big rocks. :big_smile:

7. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Thanks Netmanjack! We were also thinking about hitting knox lake, it looks like it would have some flatheads that we would like to meet. If youre from Dville than I spend my weekends just around the corner from you. Maybe we can get together sometime and and meet and great some cat's..

Thanks
    Catfish Huntr

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sure, I would love to meet you. Just left click my user name and send me private message as to when and where, maybe you could slip your first name in there too! :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2::wink:lol

9. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Netmanjack,
    Well I really want to meet you and do a little fishing but it looks like I will not be able to until after the 16th of October.:eek:oooh: I was just notified that I will depart for Guam on Tuesday. So I am hopeing that the weather holds out here and we get to do some flathead fishing towards the end of October. I will shoot you a pm once I am back. Hopefully I will have a good fishing story to bring back and tell ya.:big_smile:

Tahnks
    Derek, Catfish Huntr

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That will be good Derek, be safe on your journey. There are a lot of members near by, all great guys. If it is to inclement when you get back. we will just have to have a small gathering for breakfast some where near. It's time to have one in our neck of the woods any way..:wink:

11. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    MMMMM. Did someone say breakfast!! :big_smile:

12. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    I'll be looking forward to it! See yall around to end of October.